McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I guess this is supposed to elicit a laugh?

Failed miserably.

>8^|
ER

·
Owner
277 Posts
McLaren (itself) only made 64 F1 road cars (no, not Formula 1, but the name of the fastest car of the 90's), but Carroll Shelby was given permission to produce 12 more street-legal McLaren F1s with more power, more torque, and BMW V12 engines bored to 7 liters (the other 2 Shelby McLarens were stock cars, rand had V8 instead of V12 engines to fit in the NASCAR rules, and those had around 400-500 horsepower), a total of 76 units built for street driving.
Save it for April 1

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Yeah, I'm going with calendar confusion... It's Christmas today, not April Fools Day... If you're interested though, there are some guys on here that could really help you put together a convincing Photoshop job so you could fool someone else in 4 months.

Merry Merry,

-Jamie.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Uh, yeah.
That looks like Tom Price's car at the Palo Alto dealership. I've seen that car many times, and it doesn't look like that. As others have said, save it for 4/1/14, which gives you 4 months to learn Photoshop.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
shelbycobra said:
Seems that page needs a "Report for utter bull$#@!" button at the bottom. << nevermind, I just did >>

Anyway, if that's your "source" I'd suggest you learn to not believe everything you read on the internet.

There's no doubt that in the later years old Carroll Shelby would slap his name on anything that generated him a paycheck. There's a whole page of disappointment here for just one example, but he never laid hands on any McLaren F1s, I can assure you of that.

I didn't grow up in the era when Shelby was making headlines for the right reasons so my opinion of the guy is pretty tainted and the number of replica Cobras in the world causes me to give no care to any that might be real. The magic is lost. They say its not good to speak ill of the dead, but this blog sums up my opinions on the guy pretty well. He really did his reputation no favors there towards the end.

http://automotivethinker.com/general/carroll-shelby-dead-at-89-so-what/

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
886 Posts
There is no doubt that Carroll Shelby was hugely influential in the American racing and automotive scene and should be respected for his accomplishments. He was a racer turned automotive businessman which is the dream of every passionate racer I have ever met. He lived the dream and built a business around going faster, slapping a lot of big smiles on peoples faces and helping a few others along the way. What more could you ask for.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I heard they are going to make a Shelby P1 Spyder.......anyone got further updates on this ?
Give it a rest.

>8^\
ER

·
Registered
703 Posts
Give it a rest.

>8^\
ER
Pardon, why the reception ?

My current understanding is :

Jan14 12C New Track version announced 647BHP to rival speciale - may actually tempt me awY from 458.....big ask
March P1 Spyder announced at Geneva (however few people have already had slots confirmed )
Sep 15MY facelift of 12c 616BHP tbc

·
Registered
703 Posts
0-30 mph: 1.10
0-40 mph: 1.47
0-50 mph: 1.84
0-60 mph: 2.21
0-70 mph: 2.58
0-80 mph: 2.95
0-90 mph: 3.33
0-100 mph: 4.26
0-100-0 mph: 7.6
1/4 mile: 9.08 @ 167.23 mph
Acceleration: 1.254 G's
Top speed: 279.8 mph

Source: Vimulator

And the curb weight is 2,535 lbs.

Will u be doing the same with the P1/Spyder ?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
He probably should since neither one ever will exist.

If you want to be banned like your friend citylad you can just ask the moderators and I am sure they will take care of it.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
703 Posts
He probably should since neither one ever will exist.

If you want to be banned like your friend citylad you can just ask the moderators and I am sure they will take care of it.

>8^)
ER
I don't wish to be banned. This place should be a valuable use of information and exchange of ideas. I'm not sure why u are so upset and have no sense of humour bout matters. I'm am obviously joking about a Shelby p1 but the rest......why keep the discussion so under wraps. I haven't even brought up Ferrari, Porsche , n/a - I am simply discussing Mclaren products but you still wish to ban me. I find the notion absurd .

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have read some of your posts, I feel that this topic is a great discussion as there is truth behind it.... I can't tell you how I know as it would cost me my job if I were found out, but your talk of these products are 100% true... ;)
I am sure a lot of it is true.....I have met two people on holiday that have both the P1 Spyder on order and the track 670bhp car on order. Have you seen renderings ? I find it hard to visualise how they will look from explanations I have been given...or is that too much to ask considering your job ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please delete this thread. My brother hacked my account and posted a car that doesn't exist (like a Shelby McLaren F1). That's bad stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts