McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any companies producing 19 inch wheels for 12c's suitable for track orientated use? I prefer 18's but i'm not sure if they will fit over the front brakes. Anybody know what the offset's etc are such wheel? A buddy runs 19's all around (ADV1 wheels) but i was quoted stupid money for those.

Finally, has anybody found an upgrade for stock braking system (steel). OEM ceramics don't stop any better than steels in our on track shenanigans - better fade/pedal characteristics only. Rotors, pads and/or full brake package would be of interest

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Re the brakes, the McLaren GT Sprint comes with steel rotors upsized to fit the CCB's 6 pot calipers. Any dealer that has ordered a Sprint should be able to the whole setup straight off the McLaren GT parts list, hint hint.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Re the brakes, the McLaren GT Sprint comes with steel rotors upsized to fit the CCB's 6 pot calipers. Any dealer that has ordered a Sprint should be able to the whole setup straight off the McLaren GT parts list, hint hint.
You might bump into the 'you can only buy parts for the gt sprint if you have bought a gt sprint' problem...

For instance they won't sell you can am bits if you have a gt3... you have to have bought a can am...

Kinda makes sense, avoids cheap upgrading and keeps things 'neat'... it would be nice to be able to put some parts from the gt sprint on a road going 12C... although they're not set up to convert 12'cs to gt sprint cos I asked!

Let us know if it works though... !

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
You might bump into the 'you can only buy parts for the gt sprint if you have bought a gt sprint' problem...

For instance they won't sell you can am bits if you have a gt3... you have to have bought a can am...

Kinda makes sense, avoids cheap upgrading and keeps things 'neat'... it would be nice to be able to put some parts from the gt sprint on a road going 12C... although they're not set up to convert 12'cs to gt sprint cos I asked!

Let us know if it works though... !

Well if the dealer currently owns the Sprint themselves, perhaps they can order the parts and re-sell to customer.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
So the front calipers at the GT Sprint are the same as on road cars with CCB ? Do you know about the main brake cylinder ? Is it the same as well ?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is good stuff, i will make some calls and try to order a set.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
So the front calipers at the GT Sprint are the same as on road cars with CCB ? Do you know about the main brake cylinder ? Is it the same as well ?
Sorry I don't know about the cylinder. Just relaying some assumptions, based on other assumptions that may or may not have been mentioned to me. Best to investigate thoroughly - I am sure NitealB will get the scoop.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The GT Sprint and CCB calipers have different pad patterns according to Pagid. I don't believe they are the same calipers and rotor dimensions. I'm not saying that you can't make it work, but I would look really hard at it before jumping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts