McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes the only things going for it are the numbers and specs it generates, the next version is starting to look a tad bit better. Whats truly hideous and really turn me off this car is the toilet seat grill and the sound it produces well even the side profile, give me a P1 instead. Cheers....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
He should have started from 2nd gear, sounded like he started from 1st?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I find the color combinations Buggati releases the car with are a blight on aesthetics. There are some nice combos, but there seem to be more that are aesthetic disasters. Agree with regard to the grill not being the most handsome thing on earth.

But there *is* something about the car that works overall. It's badass. I don't want it. Not even for free, but I can respect it. Beyond the technical. There is something to the aesthetic. Kind of like a mustang. It's not my cup of tea, but I respect it's look and heritage, and when done well, can look great.

But the colors. It's worse than someone that's color blind slapping things on at random. It's like purposefully malicious. All the biege's and burgundy colors. I get it. I get it. You have french heritage. But jeezus, have some compassion for the owners.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Oh no, don't get me wrong, as an engineering exercise it's an astounding car! As to the colours, surely on a vehicle of that price they're all bespoke? If so, it really proves the old adage "Money can't buy class"...

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Oh no, don't get me wrong, as an engineering exercise it's an astounding car! As to the colours, surely on a vehicle of that price they're all bespoke? If so, it really proves the old adage "Money can't buy class"...
I believe some are bespoke, but I also believe a significant number were picked by Bugatti as "themes." No doubt a bunch of awful colors were to customer's offerings, but I believe at least as big a number were on Bugatti.

You cannot explain the sheer number of their cars in beige and burgundy. I cannot accept there are that many fans of beige and burgundy! :)

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
To date, how many Veyrons have been produced? Definitely somewhat anachronistic in these rapidly ever-changing times...

·
Registered
1,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Not sure, I've seen that its a touch over 300 so far. And I swear it seems like 50% of them have beige or burgundy in them. Another 40% seem to have mirror or gold plate on them. 10% are in some non-horrific color scheme. :)

Don't believe me. Here's a google image search for "veyron":

https://www.google.com/search?q=veyron&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=HDT3UavKCNS14APIwYDACw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1050&bih=674
Local dealer in STL ordered one for a customer in Blue CF.

Bumper didn't pass - a new one was 70k add air freight 4k.

It then passed and the old one was put on at a cost of 6k per adding 86k of cost to the dealer - lost money and sat on 1.6 mil for an extra 90 days.

Veyrons are like owning a jet.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Those are amazing numbers. To be sure it's an amazing machine. But it's above my pay grade and one of the reasons I couldn't keep it even if someone just gifted one to me.

I'm happy for those that can afford and enjoy them though.

Bet the blue looked spiffy.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
The Mac driver looked lost from start to finish.

I would take a Veyron in any color :)
Me too, as long as Doug paid my annual maintenance expenses, and tires! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts