McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Andy you know that's v max and the "race " actually continues after the bend right down the longer straight ? It about top speed on the bruntingthorpe main straight primarily .
Still the 12 did fantastically well.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andy you know that's v max and the "race " actually continues after the bend right down the longer straight ? It about top speed on the bruntingthorpe main straight primarily .
Still the 12 did fantastically well.
Yes Doom,i put it up for our American friends:)

·
Registered
913 Posts
too bad it was damp.... let's see the go pro vids....

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have both vehicles. They feel equally fast on the straight line, perhaps the 12c by a hair. The 12c corners much flatter and I feel more confident driving it at high speed mainly because of the lack of roll, the steering and the forward driver's position. Then again I have only had the F12 for a couple of days.

That said, I think the F12 is the ultimate GT car. Lots of power, lots of grip, lots of storage, and very refined and well built. An everyday supercar. If only could have one car, this probably would be it.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I have both vehicles. They feel equally fast on the straight line, perhaps the 12c by a hair. The 12c corners much flatter and I feel more confident driving it at high speed mainly because of the lack of roll, the steering and the forward driver's position. Then again I have only had the F12 for a couple of days.

That said, I think the F12 is the ultimate GT car. Lots of power, lots of grip, lots of storage, and very refined and well built. An everyday supercar. If only could have one car, this probably would be it.
Did you get a chance to weigh the F12, yet, fully fueled up? Still curious to know if all the U.S. bound cars are going to weigh similar to Motor Trend.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Did you get a chance to weigh the F12, yet, fully fueled up? Still curious to know if all the U.S. bound cars are going to weigh similar to Motor Trend.
No I haven't weighed it. I have the heavier all electric seats, more leather, etc and no carbon bits other than the LED steering wheel, so I suspect I would be on the portly end.

·
Registered
404 Posts
No I haven't weighed it. I have the heavier all electric seats, more leather, etc and no carbon bits other than the LED steering wheel, so I suspect I would be on the portly end.
I've just had my F12 on my scales. It's optioned out for street use: front lifter, upgraded stereo, full electric seats, alcantara interior etc. With 5 gals of fuel in the tank, it weighed 3906 lbs (picture attached). That puts it at 3876 lbs curb weight w/o fuel.

Ferrari notes in their manual that most F12s with popular options will weigh 3850 lbs curb weight, which sounds spot on for a more normally-configured car with no fuel in the tank. They also list 3594 lbs curb weight with all lightweight options, which thus means that all those street goodies weigh 256 lbs (!). It would be interesting if we can find someone with no stereo upgrade, manual racing seats, no lifter, and the sport wheels, to get a comparison weighing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
looks like the F12 edges out the 12C at the end of the run but overshoots. good race and thanks for the vid.
It's a great vid/race. I can't tell if the F12 took off faster, or if the F12 driver got the jump on the start? But I'm amazed that after the jump that the 12C stayed with the F12. I'm not at all surprised that the 12C took the turn and went away. Not sure if the F12 edged out in the end as much as the 12C let off on the gas towards the end.

A lot of variables/unknowns to be sure, but one thing that came out clear was the 12C can run with the big dog for quite a long way despite being down over 100HP. And that both cars are really really special.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I've just had my F12 on my scales. It's optioned out for street use: front lifter, upgraded stereo, full electric seats, alcantara interior etc. With 5 gals of fuel in the tank, it weighed 3906 lbs (picture attached). That puts it at 3876 lbs curb weight w/o fuel.

Ferrari notes in their manual that most F12s with popular options will weigh 3850 lbs curb weight, which sounds spot on for a more normally-configured car with no fuel in the tank. They also list 3594 lbs curb weight with all lightweight options, which thus means that all those street goodies weigh 256 lbs (!). It would be interesting if we can find someone with no stereo upgrade, manual racing seats, no lifter, and the sport wheels, to get a comparison weighing.
That's interesting thanks.

One thing that always confuses me, does kerb weight mean all fluids with full fuel or no fuel? Cannot seem to find any universally agreed on definition for some reason...if kerb weight means no fuel then the quoted weight for the cgt per what DLC and myself have found is pretty much spot on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That was my F12 in that vid. First race my car was driven by a friend, with no launch control.
Second race was with launch control, lots of wheel spin in first and second, (prob same for 12C due to damp runway) however going round the bottom bend the back of the F12 slipped right out, so I had to back off hence the 12C got round the bend on the outside faster than me. However on the main straight it was quite easy to reel in the 12C even though the 12C gained a 5 to 6 car length lead from the bottom bend. I passed the 12C at approx 170mph and then went on to 202mph, 12C 196 from memory.

Good race though :D

A fly over of the track can be seen here http://youtu.be/XGpceHJyfrw
My friend was in my F12 and I was flying my Eurocopter.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts