McLaren Life banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Wanted to share a few photos from a recent track event.
Truely an amazing car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hello,
Wanted to share a few photos from a recent track event.
Truely an amazing car.
Hey GPW its always nice to see this car in action, love the pictures. So lets cut to the chase, no pun intended what other brands of vehicles where present at this event? Was the McLaren the dominator at this event? If not who was and what were they driving? Stock or modified? Cheers....??

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey GPW its always nice to see this car in action, love the pictures. So lets cut to the chase, no pun intended what other brands of vehicles where present at this event? Was the McLaren the dominator at this event? If not who was and what were they driving? Stock or modified? Cheers....����
Extreme,
I will post some more pictures on a new thread of the other cars at the event. It was with a mixed group of cars including Vipers,, Mustangs, Challengers and some full race cars. I have owned a 2008 ACR and 2 years ago did a hot lap at Willow Spring of 1.28 (im a part time instructor). In 2008 Steve Millen in an ACR did a 1.29 Although I didnt do an official timed lap this time due to being asked for a ride from EVERYONE!!! . I was told that it was the fastest car in the non full race group on the track that day confirmed by a radar gun. I have driven many cars over 30 years of track time and I am very pleased and plan to keep this 12C as long as I'm around. The plus was I drove home in complete comfort while a lot of the "race cars" had to be trailered.
The fastest cars of the day were the full race Vipers including Comp Coupes, ACRX's and ACR's

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Extreme,
I will post some more pictures on a new thread of the other cars at the event. It was with a mixed group of cars including Vipers,, Mustangs, Challengers and some full race cars. I have owned a 2008 ACR and 2 years ago did a hot lap at Willow Spring of 1.28 (im a part time instructor). In 2008 Steve Millen in an ACR did a 1.29 Although I didnt do an official timed lap this time due to being asked for a ride from EVERYONE!!! . I was told that it was the fastest car in the non full race group on the track that day confirmed by a radar gun. I have driven many cars over 30 years of track time and I am very pleased and plan to keep this 12C as long as I'm around. The plus was I drove home in complete comfort while a lot of the "race cars" had to be trailered.
Well GPW, nothing makes me happier to hear of your enthralling adventures of driving fast cars, and the fact that your overwhelmed by the ability of this beautiful and someone practical super car. It just goes to show that all and all this is the car to own if you enjoy racing or just driving around town. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great day.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Martin,
I had two go pros and two contour cameras with me but never got a chance to mount them. I was constaintly fielding questions about the 12C. I gave rides to 6 of my freinds and turned down at least 10 other spectators. One person asked me at least 5 times and said it was a life long dream to ride in a McLaren. There just wasn't enough track time rides for everyone that day....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Addtional photos of the track day

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
12C Track Day

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was the TS in the group and I have to agree with Gary. It was great to hit the track and then do the two hour drive home in comfort! And my MPG was pretty good, too!

It was my first time at Willow Springs so I took it quite easy in the turns, but if you hit the last turn decently it was pretty ridiculous how much speed you could gather down the front straight. I topped out at 155 in the last session and I was a bit of a grandpa in the corners most of the time.

It was a very fun time!

John

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was the TS in the group and I have to agree with Gary. It was great to hit the track and then do the two hour drive home in comfort! And my MPG was pretty good, too!

It was my first time at Willow Springs so I took it quite easy in the turns, but if you hit the last turn decently it was pretty ridiculous how much speed you could gather down the front straight. I topped out at 155 in the last session and I was a bit of a grandpa in the corners most of the time.

It was a very fun time!

John
John,
Yes... you did carry a lot of speed down the front staight.
The guy with the radar gun told me the fastest full race viper also hit 155 on the front staight, so you did good.

Looking forward to the next one.

Garry

·
Registered
119 Posts
John,
Yes... you did carry a lot of speed down the front staight.
The guy with the radar gun told me the fastest full race viper also hit 155 on the front staight, so you did good.

Looking forward to the next one.

Garry

Wow! I thought for sure I'd be lagging behind them in the straights, but I guess the turbo-friendly weather was helpful, too. Frankly I didn't think I'd top 140 early in the day, but my last corner kept getting better and the McLaren just kept pulling!

...Of course we won't talk about how that 2013 Viper SRT was running me over in turns 1-6... :eek:

John

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sounds like great times Gary. Wish I could've joined....
Big willow is fun and fast track and I've seen stock 12C doing below 1:30 on stock p-zeros. Last summer, I did 1:32 and my buddy with a lot more track times did 1:31 although he ran with wrong tire pressure (40psi hot!!) and a heavy passenger. I'm sure he could've done below 1:30 with no passenger and correct tire pressure.
For an above average driver like myself to go below 1:30, I'd probably need v10 upgrade and balls to carry more speed in turn 8 and 9. Like others have commented numerous times, it's an amazing track car with all the utilities, bells and whistles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was the other Mac in the group and huge props to Garry for putting this whole day together. It was organized, informative and most importantly, GREAT FUN!!! It was my first time at Willow Springs and this course is very fast. Even with my lack of experience my Mac instilled a lot of confidence in corners and on straights as the twin turbos would kick in and leave the non-race vipers behind. I do have the V10 upgrade and the car was crisp and agile throughout the track. John and I had fun figuring out the best lines in each corner and all had fun. Can't wait to do it again Garry ;)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Great Pics!! How many 12C's were at the track? Anybody mount a Go Pro?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts