McLaren Life banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday as I gazed upon my 12C in the garage with a glass of wine I noticed that the driver's side appeared to be slightly higher than the passenger side. Measured the height of the reflector on each of the side wings, and sure enough the driver's side was 20.25" from the floor, and the passenger's side was 19.75" from the floor. Thought Oh No, will I be seeing a "PCC Degraded" error code soon?!?

But then wondered if it was just to compensate for my weight (200lbs) when I'm in the car (there was no passenger in it when I last parked it). So I had my wife watch the tape measure against the driver's side wing reflector as I got into the car. Sure enough, my weight lowered the driver's side to 19.75", and she then confirmed that the passenger side was still at 19.75".

It's little stuff like this that continues to impress me about this car.

Stage 2 of the experiment will be to measure it after my wife drives the car solo for a while and then parks it. She weighs almost exactly half my weight, so if the driver's side reflector is at 20.0" after she gets out I'm going to be really impressed.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Yesterday as I gazed upon my 12C in the garage with a glass of wine I noticed that the driver's side appeared to be slightly higher than the passenger side. Measured the height of the reflector on each of the side wings, and sure enough the driver's side was 20.25" from the floor, and the passenger's side was 19.75" from the floor. Thought Oh No, will I be seeing a "PCC Degraded" error code soon?!?

But then wondered if it was just to compensate for my weight (200lbs) when I'm in the car (there was no passenger in it when I last parked it). So I had my wife watch the tape measure against the driver's side wing reflector as I got into the car. Sure enough, my weight lowered the driver's side to 19.75", and she then confirmed that the passenger side was still at 19.75".

It's little stuff like this that continues to impress me about this car.

Stage 2 of the experiment will be to measure it after my wife drives the car solo for a while and then parks it. She weighs almost exactly half my weight, so if the driver's side reflector is at 20.0" after she gets out I'm going to be really impressed.
That would be cool to know Shawn!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hm, I just went and measured mine (sitting in the garage for the past 5 hours) at the hinge on the mirrors. Exactly 32" from they floor on both sides.

Not saying anything is wrong with yours, but I don't have the same results on my '12 coupe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard that some BMW are set up like that from the factory. To compensate for driver's weight.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hm, I just went and measured mine (sitting in the garage for the past 5 hours) at the hinge on the mirrors. Exactly 32" from they floor on both sides.

Not saying anything is wrong with yours, but I don't have the same results on my '12 coupe.
Thanks for sharing. I am wondering why it took me 4 months to notice this. It's going in for its two-year service at the end of this month. I'll mention it and ask them to check it out. I'll report back!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Well mine comes in at 19.75" driver side and 19.25 passages side, when I get into the car it levels out as well to 19.75". As for the wife doing the test that won't be happening anytime soon, she weighs the same as me. ;) Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Doesn't the car need to be parked on a 100% leveled ground to get a reasonable measurement?

McDc that's the way I performed my measurements, not sure how the rest of the gang did theirs. One little side note my car has been lowered by the boys at Pfaff. Cheers....??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yesterday as I gazed upon my 12C in the garage with a glass of wine I noticed that the driver's side appeared to be slightly higher than the passenger side. Measured the height of the reflector on each of the side wings, and sure enough the driver's side was 20.25" from the floor, and the passenger's side was 19.75" from the floor. Thought Oh No, will I be seeing a "PCC Degraded" error code
Just to make sure. How many glasses of wine did you already have?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just to make sure. How many glasses of wine did you already have?
Ha, just one at that point. I spoke with my service advisor yesterday and he said that he would ask Woking about this. We'll see what they say.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car is right hand car and the driver side is lower by 12mm than the passenger side
Suprisingly all of the mclaren in Indonesia the passenger side is higher than the driver side
The dealership said is fine, tolerance is 2mm and they have no idea how to make my car slightly even
They try to update the software to the latest platform and there is no diffrence .
this really drive me crazy ,is there anyone have the same problem with me???? anyone?????:confused:
how come there is no attention for detail from mclaren about this :mad:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts