McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
To think I was nearly hung , drawn and quartered for daring to suggest that in my opinion getting 100 hp more out of this brilliant engine would not be so difficult ...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
No thanks. Owner's have already tested their cars 60-130 and gotten below 7 seconds. I certainly don't want to void my warranty, nor add a water / methonal injection system.

·
McLaren Convert
397 Posts
It seems member's opinions don't change no matter how many times this is reposted.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The car is already ridiculously fast. What would taking another 0.2 seconds off the 60-130 time accomplish.....except for potentially harming the motor. :confused:

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't think it differs much from what evoms announced.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
To think I was nearly hung , drawn and quartered for daring to suggest that in my opinion getting 100 hp more out of this brilliant engine would not be so difficult ...
It's not difficult, so long as you have no restrictions and all your goal is, is to get more power/tq at any cost. Factory performance is not a trade-off of quality/quantity.

"necessitating a water/methanol injection system to cool the charge air at high boost pressures to reduce the risk of detonation." :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure McLaren didn't need anything of the sort on the P1.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
McLaren Convert
397 Posts
Strange that, I trolled through and couldn't find a link to this article, a pointer would be appreciated :rolleyes:
I apologize. I didn't mean it to sound like I as taking a shot at you - rather, I have a jaded opinion of that particular tuner.

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/2889-hennessey-turns-mclaren-12c-into-cruise-missile.html

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/2875-700-hp-hennessey-upgrade-now-available-mclaren-mp4-12c.html

http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/2823-how-make-458-match-12c-times.html

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It's not difficult, so long as you have no restrictions and all your goal is, is to get more power/tq at any cost. Factory performance is not a trade-off of quality/quantity.

"necessitating a water/methanol injection system to cool the charge air at high boost pressures to reduce the risk of detonation." :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure McLaren didn't need anything of the sort on the P1.
The P1's engine does cool its cylinders using fuel. Which is why at high power it does happen that flames come out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
367 Posts
ftyl--That is true of all engines though isn't it? Is the P1 running super rich at times? And flames are visible when the cat conv is too hot to work or fuel dump is used to keep the turbines spooled. Thanks for any further insight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts