McLaren Life banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'm with Jerry. I have yet to see a post or proposed plan about this buyback scheme that makes sense for all parties involved, owners, dealers and shareholders. As a shareholder I'm not certain I would approve it. The market dynamic and brand history/demand simply does not exist at the moment to make it viable. You're asking shareholders to wait even longer for ROI while they finance the buyback program. It's a no-go because they would probably rather bet on the economy improving and the market being flush with new buyers to replace the disgruntled ones. Further, the buyback funds would have to be diverted from the current plan to develop and release the P13, which is the model that provides torque to the financial projections, anyway. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see RIC's wife get the shoes AND the Spider :), but I rate the chance that shareholders are as sympathetic as zilch. If that is shortsighted on their part, so be it. In fact I'd be surprised if they haven't reviewed the idea and brushed it into the trash bin.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
I'm not so sure LB. Where I live, Astons and Merc AMGs drop precipitously, yet somebody keeps buying the new ones. Anyway, I think there's a pretty good chance we'll find out, eh?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.