1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
29 Posts
LOL, I shed a tear too, watching that car beat up apexes like a drunken step-dad.

Looks like he has grip to spare in those tires... hmmmm....
Your suspicion regarding the tires might be correct, but I was struck with how smooth all his steering inputs were. Go back and look at all the car mag videos of the 12C on the track and the drivers are almost violently jerking the wheel back and forth multiple times coming out of a hard turn. Almost none of this in this video. Maybe the driver was a guy who took the time to learn how to drive the car and went out with the sole purpose of achieving the fastest lap time possible versus getting into a debate with himself about "am I driving this car or is it driving itself, blah, blah, blah, this feels artificial, blah, blah, blah, this car won't do what I want it to, blah, blah, blah"

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Your suspicion regarding the tires might be correct, but I was struck with how smooth all his steering inputs were. Go back and look at all the car mag videos of the 12C on the track and the drivers are almost violently jerking the wheel back and forth multiple times coming out of a hard turn. Almost none of this in this video. Maybe the driver was a guy who took the time to learn how to drive the car and went out with the sole purpose of achieving the fastest lap time possible versus getting into a debate with himself about "am I driving this car or is it driving itself, blah, blah, blah, this feels artificial, blah, blah, blah, this car won't do what I want it to, blah, blah, blah"
Yeah, he is super smooth. I would put it down to him knowing the circuit inside out. But seeing as how an upgraded coupe should technically be even quicker, that lap time is:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Gocart,

track, nevertheless it's impressive indeed.

Can't wait for what sort of laptime a 12C GT3 S could achieve on a track? Not to mention the P1, La Ferrari or the Porsche 918!?:p

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
lol, over a second faster than the F12, in a convertible no less... :cool:
The F12 is not a track oriented car, it is a high speed GT. Curious to how the 12C would stack up against it in a 60-130 or similar rolling race.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Funny, Ferrari flaunts its lap time around Fiorano in their marketing. Curious to how the 12C would stack up around Fiorano. ;)
Why curious? It wouldn't do to having it sit on top of all those other one-make cars,would look silly in their marketing :D
Correction,there is a 959 somewhere there,but that's too obvious a reason !!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Maybe the driver was a guy who took the time to learn how to drive the car and went out with the sole purpose of achieving the fastest lap time possible versus getting into a debate with himself about "am I driving this car or is it driving itself, blah, blah, blah, this feels artificial, blah, blah, blah, this car won't do what I want it to, blah, blah, blah"
Fabulous post. Attention car reviewers: Getting into a debate with yourselves reviews you, not the car. Physics is physics.

·
Dread man , truly dread
1,183 Posts
Is the feel of a car , it's linearity of reaction , interaction etc REALLY unimportant to you?

·
Registered
359 Posts
The life of a Ferrari troll. Disgruntled that the 12C even in convertible form is dominating. Updated coupe is probably even quicker.
It's a fair comment, I hadn't realised but a reduction of 2 seconds compared to the Coupe is huge - far more than the power hike would account for.
Spider: 1:12.91
Coupe: 1:14.81
Different Driver would make the difference, but I assume they are always testing using a very skilled driver, if not then these times are meaningless anyway! - so what is the story?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts