McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mark Antar Design
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this video uploaded by 'SupercarHall' on YouTube, hopefully no one has seen it yet.
Now I understand that the 2000th 12C has rolled off the production line? :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Spider in McLaren Toronto has a VIN higher than 2010. I am interested to know what the earliest Spider VIN seen is. Anyone know any others?

·
Beyond P1
223 Posts
Wow, that factory floor! It's as clean as their F1 operation. I do hope they attain long term success with their road cars, but it's a difficult business. Just look at the state of Lotus.

·
Registered
886 Posts
very cool. love how quiet and calm it is.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
very cool. love how quiet and calm it is.
Amazing:eek:......it's like an OR in there except no blood or OIL STAINS;)......no robots everything assembled by a DEDICATED human. I'm SOLD! gonna work my tail off to get that spider! hoping McLaren truely makes it, but from what I saw they are definitely on the right path:D

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great video, but a bit back to front?

Why not show the progression of the build?

Spotted a power tool at about 6 minutes and thought none were used?

Also, if my memory serves me right, when I visited MPC I think I was told only one person sprays the car as everyone has unique ways of doing it and with two people, it would not be exact?

When you see the precision and accuracy of the construction, you wonder how it could ever be repaired following a prang - guess best avoid that then!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Zippy, they use electric power tools as they are quiet but mostly use hand torque wrench.

Two people spray the car as customers cannot see opposite sides at the same time so inconsistency is not an issue! My car has had two resprays of various panels and the challenge, for the painter, on the VR is thickness of paint as that determines colour depth and hew.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hi RIC

Thanks for the info on the painting, etc. :eek:

Glad I've had the car wrapped now.

Certainly more relazing now when you return to your parked car and find some beat up old kn*cker parked next to it :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts