McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after putting a deposit down (and joining here) almost 2 years ago, I've finally pressed the button on a May build Spider. Was originally going for a Coupe but a house move and other distractions got in the way. I then thought I'd wait for the early problems to get fixed and by then, the Spider was about to arrive.

I've specced Pearl White, Black Semi-Analine, Orange Stitch, lots of carbon + some MSO bits. Due to complete build early June, then down to MSO for 2 weeks before delivery.:)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Might consider the Alcantara as it helps keep you in your seat with the extreme G's the car pulls. Congrats, looking forward to seeing the car when you get it, the Pearl White is very nice.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Might consider the Alcantara as it helps keep you in your seat with the extreme G's the car pulls. Congrats, looking forward to seeing the car when you get it, the Pearl White is very nice.
Thanks, Mark. I've flip-flopped with and without Alcantara and when the music stopped and the order was locked, I was without.

I've had one other Pearl White Spider and got married in it!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Is that Balloon White, love that color!

I forgot that leather actually is better for a Spider, as it will not fade like Alcantara with heavy sun exposure. Good choices. Now the pain of the wait. :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is Balloon White, its a bit creamier than the McL Pearl White. Here in England, the sun isn't a big deal so no danger of trashing the upholstery through parking with the roof down.

I'm fixing up to have a factory tour whilst my car is in build so will help manage the wait to go and see it whilst its on the line. Might manage a trip round MSO when its there if I ask enough :)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Congrats on the order - nice choice of color. Bring us pics when it's finished! :)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
316 Posts
So, after putting a deposit down (and joining here) almost 2 years ago, I've finally pressed the button on a May build Spider. Was originally going for a Coupe but a house move and other distractions got in the way. I then thought I'd wait for the early problems to get fixed and by then, the Spider was about to arrive.

I've specced Pearl White, Black Semi-Analine, Orange Stitch, lots of carbon + some MSO bits. Due to complete build early June, then down to MSO for 2 weeks before delivery.:)
Congrats, sounds like an awesome car. What are your MSO options like?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats, sounds like an awesome car. What are your MSO options like?
Hi Jaymoney. The MSO bits are:

External:
MSO Carbon Pack Spider (mirror arms, wiper system cover, rear deck vents)
Carbon Airbrake

Internal:
Extended Carbon Shift Paddles
Carbon instrument cluster
Carbon Steering Wheel
Orange Contrast Stitch on Seats
Orange Contrast Stitch on instrument cluster cover
McLaren Branded Door Sills

The stitching items are done in the MTC by having the right items waiting on the line. The other items are post build modifications done at MSO which adds 2 weeks to the schedule.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Are the carbon shift paddles MSO or MaCarbon? If MSO, does anyone have a photo? Are you sure you want the carbon rear vents? They has been alot of discussion that these will yellow over time since they are very close to the exhaust.

That is going to be a very high MSRP car!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the carbon shift paddles MSO or MaCarbon? If MSO, does anyone have a photo? Are you sure you want the carbon rear vents? They has been alot of discussion that these will yellow over time since they are very close to the exhaust.

The paddles are factory MSO. The only pic I can find is of the CF instrument cluster and you can see the shifters by the wheel.

I've got another pic somewhere which shows them front on - they have a -/+ in white. Will try and find.

The MSRP is huge but it's for a big birthday. The car is a keeper.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The paddles are factory MSO. The only pic I can find is of the CF instrument cluster and you can see the shifters by the wheel.

I've got another pic somewhere which shows them front on - they have a -/+ in white. Will try and find.

The MSRP is huge but it's for a big birthday. The car is a keeper.
I do think the instrument surround should be part of the interior carbon upgrade package as the cheap looking plastic looks naff compared to this

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I do think the instrument surround should be part of the interior carbon upgrade package as the cheap looking plastic looks naff compared to this
+1 on that!

·
Registered
862 Posts

Not the best photo, but try this ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Not the best photo, but try this ...
Love the carbon, can never get enough of it which I think stems from cycling. By the way what's up with the Lambo, I'm looking at these beautiful interior pictures of a McLaren and then out of the blue a Lambo shows up. Don't get me wrong it's a beautiful car, I just thought for a moment that I was hallucinating. Lol. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ok, so can these be installed after the fact? I am assuming of course that the battery would need to be disconnected and the steering wheel would need to come off.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ok, so can these be installed after the fact? I am assuming of course that the battery would need to be disconnected and the steering wheel would need to come off.
From what I've been told yes the steering wheel needs to be removed and disassembled. The cost up here in Canada eh is $4.8k for that little bit of carbon behind the steering wheel, aka paddle shifters. Part No. is MSO-I022. Cheers.....??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts