McLaren Life banner

12C Spider fastest convertible on Sachsenring (AutoBild)

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Goatozaki 
#1 ·
Fastest convertible and second fastest car overall.

1. Porsche 911 GT2 RS 1:33.51
2. McLaren MP4-12C Spider 1:33.69
3. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 1:33.80
4. Wiesmann GT MF5 Mk II 1:34.00
5. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:34.30
6. Audi R8 GT 1:34.45
7. KTM X-Bow R 1:34.53
8. Porsche 911 GT3 RS 1:34.75
9. Lamborghini Aventador 1:34.84
10. Audi R8 V10 plus (2013) 1:35.00

#4 ·
You know, I've watched it twice and I don't really think it could have been that much quicker. Those are pretty subtle steering inputs and well on the limit; he's not jumping out of the throttle or missing apexes. Fractions here and there, but I don't think the cornering speed in many of the turns could have been significantly higher, but maybe you see something different.

It looks fast to me, like he is getting a lot out of those tires. IF they are customer-spec Pirellis, I'm impressed.

#9 ·
For all we know maybe the driver had a few to many espresso's before jumping into the car and it made him a little jerky with both the throttle and steering wheel. I'd be extremely happy with that performance if I was the driver, that said I'm impressed with the whole thing, its always easy to be critical when someone else is doing the driving. Cheers.....??

#10 ·
Hey guys, come on he was a crap driver. It's a wonder he knew the car had a manual throttle. Absolute rubbish lap time. A complete balls up.

#18 ·
I should hope so too with the mclarens trick suspension , gearbox , new design etc etc .
Porsche always the big boys in the black on track . To think the gt2rs is previous generation , the 991 gt2 rs will be a monster .
Daily use , looks , feel good factor etc the Mac rules but when it comes to Laptimes ; there can be only 1 .

#23 ·
Bah, these racing drivers are all handy enough; I doubt there's much in it from that perspective. The point is that you have a very well-appointed spider trading hundreths with a stripped out track monster on Michelin Cups. It's a great result, be happy with it. Now that assumes the 12C Spider's tires didn't come from Pirelli's special shop - you know, Horatio's hook up. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.