McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Got mine in Sydney in January. 4,000km so far.

Best points are incredible suspension smoothness, feel good factor on the road, tonal sound, ease of roof operation, lack of body wobble, rush of power, slot car handling, wind in hair.

Worst points are lack of cabin storage, soft throttle response, doors limit parking options, centre screen invisible in sunlight, too much attention in orange.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got mine in Sydney in January. 4,000km so far.

Best points are incredible suspension smoothness, feel good factor on the road, tonal sound, ease of roof operation, lack of body wobble, rush of power, slot car handling, wind in hair.

Worst points are lack of cabin storage, soft throttle response, doors limit parking options, centre screen invisible in sunlight, too much attention in orange.
If you where to order again, we you pick a different color?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Frankly, I can't seem to find a down side. I bought this car knowing that it wasn't going to haul cargo but the front boot can cary a gym bag and some shopping so it's not completely useless. It's shocking how the different settings really allow you to set the car up for different situations. I have driven the car in regular mode and done very well with gas mileage. The orange is an eye catcher but there was never any doubt about color for me. I have the lift kit and it really performs well. I have a number of steep entries and exits and haven't had any problems even with the MSO bumper. The only thing that I would like would be a satellite radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
If you where to order again, we you pick a different color?
You know the more I look at it, the papaya orange is really starting to grow on me. What would be great is to be able to physically see in person each and every colour, I know that's one tall order. Cheers....??

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 13 Volcano red spider. Love it. Just wish it was larger or I could lose some weight. I compared
it to my 458 elsewhere here with pics. Great cars.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have a 13 Volcano red spider. Love it. Just wish it was larger or I could lose some weight. I compared
it to my 458 elsewhere here with pics. Great cars.
May I recommend bicycling for that weight loss thing you mentioned. When I started cycling seriously I weighed in at 198lbs. So after my first full season on the bike, my weight dropped down to 159lbs. It's a great way to get healthy, increase your lap times at the track and improve on your space issues. Cheers....??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts