McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, spill the beans- when is the light(er) weight 12C variant coming? The new MD says a 12C variant is the next car, so....

Before P13, then? How much power? How light? Open top? Will Frank sprinkle his magic dust on it? Which crap Pirelli tires? How un-emotional will it be? How much slower than the 458 Monte La La will it be? :p

I know you guys have answers... let's hear 'em. How many will they make? What is the next Volcano colour? Will it depreciate as fast as the 430 Scud variant did? Is that even possible? Will I buy it anyway, or not give a ----???? :D

Will it be designed by Gordon Murray? With a big normally aspirated V12? Can I sit in the middddddle? Okay, then.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Okay, spill the beans- when is the light(er) weight 12C variant coming? The new MD says a 12C variant is the next car, so....

Before P13, then? How much power? How light? Open top? Will Frank sprinkle his magic dust on it? Which crap Pirelli tires? How un-emotional will it be? How much slower than the 458 Monte La La will it be? :p

I know you guys have answers... let's hear 'em. How many will they make? What is the next Volcano colour? Will it depreciate as fast as the 430 Scud variant did? Is that even possible? Will I buy it anyway, or not give a ----???? :D

Will it be designed by Gordon Murray? With a big normally aspirated V12? Can I sit in the middddddle? Okay, then.
If financial woes are true, you won't see one;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Depreciate faster than the Scuderia, lol, now that is funny.

·
Registered
380 Posts
So 6th, you think Ron is going to dance the Eye-talian cha-cha-cha:
Basic car -- convertible -- slight performance mods.
Next model
Etc.
I would have thought that McDaddy would have been more creative, but maybe not. I think what's making the Fezzas depreciate is the 12C thrashing them. I saw a 458 in front of my office the other day and it looked a little boring. But that's just me.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
What they should do is forget about all that for now and start coming up with some marketing strategies instead, for that matter maybe consult with fiksegts. Then once the product starts selling the way it should have and the money starts coming in look at freshening up the front end. After which produce a weigh reduced version with a mild HP increase say to 666hp, yes the number of the beast because she is a beast in all forms. Yeeeeee haaaaaw. Cheers....??

·
Registered
886 Posts
They have the can-am version. Now that is a scud killer!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Lose money on a Scud, I had one of the 1st scuds in the UK, ran it for 3 months great fun on track days and sold it for 32k more than what I paid.

There is only so long this lot will put up with losing money for. Did we ever see the press release as to why the MD went. I expect the next car will be the GT3 version in Sep, same time as the Ferrari one……

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So 6th, you think Ron is going to dance the Eye-talian cha-cha-cha:
Next model
Etc.
I would have thought that McDaddy would have been more creative, but maybe not. I think what's making the Fezzas depreciate is the 12C thrashing them. I saw a 458 in front of my office the other day and it looked a little boring. But that's just me.
Just having a little fun, George. I have no idea. I had some idea while Antony was MD, but he's gone so. Is the AND CAR dead. Do you want it to be?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts