McLaren Life banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
2012 MP4-12C
10,066 Posts
Ok. This is my diagnosis. You have a software update that is not fully installed correctly.

I had a SUPER weird bug with IRIS where every time I start the car, it would set my play list to REPEAT songs and turn shuffle off. I would change it to be Shuffle ON and REPEAT OFF, but every time I start the car, it goes back. I had them redo some software updates, and after that, the issue went away. No one could diagnose the problem.

I don't know that this is the problem. But barring your antenna being improperly hooked up to your chassis somewhere where the chassis creates a weird resonance at that particular frequency, I suspect something got borked with some software and needs to be plowed over and reinstalled.

·
Owner
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
UPDATE:
As Zombie asked, anything new plugged in since that lost radio station last worked ....

Well, yes as it turns out, I never put the two together, but my initial rear view mirror-camera install is what knocked out the radio station in question.

Per another thread I posted, the camera finally went out so I replaced the rear view mirror-rear view camera with a new unit, different model. It was the prior rear view mirror electronics that interfered with that one radio station! !!! I don't know electronics, but I guess one silent frequency can knock out another ....

Just a FYI .... thanks.

·
2012 MP4-12C
10,066 Posts
UPDATE:
As Zombie asked, anything new plugged in since that lost radio station last worked ....

Well, yes as it turns out, I never put the two together, but my initial rear view mirror-camera install is what knocked out the radio station in question.

Per another thread I posted, the camera finally went out so I replaced the rear view mirror-rear view camera with a new unit, different model. It was the prior rear view mirror electronics that interfered with that one radio station! !!! I don't know electronics, but I guess one silent frequency can knock out another ....

Just a FYI .... thanks.
Wow, we've been having a lot of RF interference issues around here as of late. Tough to debug. Kudos on finding it and thanks for closing the loop here!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts