McLaren Life banner

12C lap record at NYST

4K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  Mac 1 
#1 ·
ML member Jerome88 broke the track record at NYST last Sunday... here's the video of the lap, watch in HD for better quality:

#18 ·
Michelin super sports and full awe exhaust will also help a lot!
great driving man!
So you are saying the Michelin's are better then the P-Zero Corsa?

#13 ·
They asked to keep the windows down, but it was too loud without earplugs so I kept them a tiny bit up!

#16 ·
Great video Jerome. That sound is just addictive.

#21 ·
My next set will be the Super Sport, at least through winter spring and I will change to the cups if they are not good enough for the track.

#23 ·
Jerome - There's been a few mentions on various threads about changing tires to a "non standard" make as potentially voiding warranty. For the US market, I think the main take away has been that if the dealer / McLaren can't prove it was the fault of the non-standard tire, then the warranty should be honored. Just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't seen this same info.

I'm guessing a call to Miller should tell you one way or another what the official stance is. Might be worth the phone call vs. hassle later.

-nh4.

#22 ·
SS is a brilliant tyre but in all honesty I flatly do not believe that the Cups are not considerably better on track when dry. the new Cup2 (which I have no experience of) are supposed to be even better in the dry and with much better wear-rate and wet weather performance......which sounds a bit too good to be true but who knows...

#25 · (Edited)
Only 4 seconds off of some fast motorcycles which likely were modded and on slicks?
Wow. What did your NBA passenger have to say about that lap :)
The bikes that are doing 1.31 are race bikes with slicks. If I had some slicks on not too much gas and no passenger I could better my time quite a bit there. He is a very very good driver and owns a moded and tracked prepped C63 black series 600hp and a GT-R 800hp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.