McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ML member Jerome88 broke the track record at NYST last Sunday... here's the video of the lap, watch in HD for better quality:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Interesting - was that the absolute record, or the record for a particular category?

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
Awesome!

PS some tracks & HPDE schools require the windows down. Sucks if you ever go off you wind up with a pallet of sod in your car..... So I've been told :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Next time you might want to close the window. :D Well done!
They asked to keep the windows down, but it was too loud without earplugs so I kept them a tiny bit up!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Great ! Less understeer would make it even quicker.
I think the problem of the understeer came from my tires more then the car itself. With some sticky tires it would probably make the car better.

In the back part of the track, it was quite challenging to point the car in the exact direction without losing too much speed hence the understeer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Agreed
Congratulations to the driver but there was even more time to come off that lap .
Shatteringly fast the 12c
Totally agree, I can get much better times. Note I had an NBA player as a passenger (im not kidding he is 6.10 and 245lbs). No passenger, better tire pressure, and a better line and more confident braking will go a long way. It was my first day tracking the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great video Jerome. That sound is just addictive.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Totally agree, I can get much better times. Note I had an NBA player as a passenger (im not kidding he is 6.10 and 245lbs). No passenger, better tire pressure, and a better line and more confident braking will go a long way. It was my first day tracking the car.
Michelin super sports and full awe exhaust will also help a lot!
great driving man!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Michelin super sports and full awe exhaust will also help a lot!
great driving man!
So you are saying the Michelin's are better then the P-Zero Corsa?

·
Registered
560 Posts
the super sports are better then the pzero IMO.
problem with the cup tires are they are terrible in the rain, very loud, and wear out quick.
the SS tire has the best of all worlds IMO. and you don't have to change tires when you hit the track.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts