McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Owner
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am impressed with the power of my 12c spider. Wow.

·
Owner
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets see it in action against your other beasts.
Would beat all but, FGT, GTT and maybe my 911 GT700...458 would be kinda close.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Kenric! congrats! 458 is not close at all... :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Owner
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's amazing! I mean usually I have to mod to get a car to be this fast. Very impressed. Love it so far. The only thing is the front bonnet is a pain to latch. Do any of you have that problem? Maybe just need to get used to closing it. Takes time.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Agree - it's a beast.

No one can beat the MP4 out of the box it's top dog in the real world.

Off the line rolling or in the rain - the air brake and brake steer.

Honestly don't think most owners have any idea what it's capable of let alone the ones who don't own one.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What about your SV670 and your 12c. What is faster?
670 SV is another high rpm car, like the 458. Based on magazine tests, SV would win off the line, but after 128-130, the 12C would pull away.

I have never raced the 2 of them. Put a 12C in auto mode at speed, then stomp on the gas, the car picks up seriously quick.

I would guess the 12C from a roll, since I have seen a race against an Aventador from a roll was won by the 12C. 12C would probably win off the line as well, but not sure if my LNB exhaust would make any difference, probably not.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It's amazing! I mean usually I have to mod to get a car to be this fast. Very impressed. Love it so far. The only thing is the front bonnet is a pain to latch. Do any of you have that problem? Maybe just need to get used to closing it. Takes time.
You should push the bonnet, always with two hands, at about the 25% and 75% marks along the front. That should let you push without risk of deforming it. At least that is what I was taught by the dealer and haven't had issues.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Agree - it's a beast.

No one can beat the MP4 out of the box it's top dog in the real world.

Off the line rolling or in the rain - the air brake and brake steer.

Honestly don't think most owners have any idea what it's capable of let alone the ones who don't own one.
I wonder how many owners don't realize the gas pedal has that little bit of extra go go juice? I remember the first time I drove a pre-upgraded car, I didn't step down fully on the gas, and didn't think the car was that fast.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You should push the bonnet, always with two hands, at about the 25% and 75% marks along the front. That should let you push without risk of deforming it. At least that is what I was taught by the dealer and haven't had issues.
I used to push on the front emblem, until Atomic 80 taught me the downsides of closing the hatch that way. Above explains the correct way, but adds finger prints. :(

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I wonder how many owners don't realize the gas pedal has that little bit of extra go go juice? I remember the first time I drove a pre-upgraded car, I didn't step down fully on the gas, and didn't think the car was that fast.
We had many conversations :)

But I wasn't going to let you enjoy the beast all to yourself.

Now we need to order Sprints to be delivered at this time next year - good news is no sales tax bad news is no insurance :(

·
Owner
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like your collection! Post up some pics of your collection. Would love to see some of them.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts

·
Owner
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very nice! Thanks. Does anyone know what our 12cs dyno at at the wheels?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Very nice! Thanks. Does anyone know what our 12cs dyno at at the wheels?
Heard it is tough to get a 12C into dyno mode, as traction control cannot be completely turned off without the specific McLaren diagnostics computer? My 458 did 500 at the wheels last month. Would say 530+.

·
Owner
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heard it is tough to get a 12C into dyno mode, as traction control cannot be completely turned off without the specific McLaren diagnostics computer? My 458 did 500 at the wheels last month. Would say 530+.
Feels faster than 530 at rear wheels. My stock FGT put 551 at wheels.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts