McLaren Life banner

12C GT3/Senna/Scuderia

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  TougeSpirit 
#1 ·
What dies McLaren need to do to the 12C to turn it into a striped out track focused road racer (i.e the 12C Scud for lack of a better description).

#2 ·
Good question Scott,they should be able to find 50kg to ditch,add 50 hp (ala HS) and easily double the downforce and aero,they could even add some of the P1 track suspension,but that could be too expensive,and they probably want to keep that exclusive.
Either way they don't have to get carried away to be quicker than the scud,it depends if they want to crush it or just be a bit quicker.It could be a good ploy to crush it as I would think most Scud owners do track them and this would be the perfect advert for McLaren to be able to turn up at any track and dominate .

#3 ·
I'd like to see better (nonceramic) brakes. The pads of course may squeal at street temps but cost and modulation advantages well worth it.
Surely software for trofeos or whatever the track junkies crave within the p brand.

I think maranello is wounded and therefore dangerous. Thus it'll take more than a power increase (just boost) and less weight to spank the 458 MC. I'm betting on transmission and adaptive susp changes--A preview of the 12C replacement, not a mere stripped 12C which would not be worth even $350k.

Harness and cage? Or does the carbon tub obviate that?

And no Doris please!

#5 ·
Better seats, more lateral support, all carbon fiber, better non Pirelli tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.