McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not a Speciale' competitor, but compares to a 458 Challenge.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Can it be street legal in USA? I doubt it if it comes with a cage and harnesses.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
I would be very interested if there was a series to run it in.

Being a member of CCR - 60 Ferrari Challenge Cars consisting of 355's 360's 430's and next year 458's.

It would be great to have the same thing but it takes a lot of money and cars / years to make it.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I have seen the car in person and making it street legal would take away all of the advantages it has over a standard 12C so it won't happen.

It has much more race car pedigree than I thought it would have. A very tempting offer at a good price IMO.
Yes it is impressive,as you say Martin when you get up close it really is a race car without a series to compete in !! But it will happen someday and this car is a good place to start .
Also love the vent for keeping the wedding tackle cool !!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I am sure a one make race series for the 12C GT can not be far off.
Hope so,but they only have plans for 20 of these cars,i suppose they are feeling their way in this market to see what the reaction will be,and as its McLarenGT that are doing it it doesn't affect the factory.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
A road legal version must be in the works.
Saving a few kg's on the 12C would not be hard. Replace the electric seats with fixed CF racing buckets, dump IRIS, remove the carpeting. Move to lighter glass and manual windows.
IMO, saving 30Kg on a 1400Kg 650hp car (speaking "S" spring 2014) is rather pointless from a rational point of view. It might look more like a race car with cf all over the place and bucket seats, but performance wise, a 12C "S" would benefit a lot more from things like track-focused geometry, better tires, better brake pads.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
McDc. Agreed. The 35HP, youll feel it, but it won't be major. I'll go out on a limb, or perhaps more accurately, a prayer, and suggest if they put the Michelins on the 12S as standard, it would be a major upgrade.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts