McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Do we get the blue flames? Or are they photoshopped in? Fun video.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Makes me want to go and buy a gaming console, a wheel and pedal set, and a racing chair to mount them to.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
380 Posts
That was really great. I wonder if we'll see the same kind of improvement in Perez when he moves from a team that doesn't have a simulator (Sauber) to one that does.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
emve, something wrong with that one, must be fuelled by Blue Flame Calor Gas. :D

Is that Arnold Schwarzenegger at the end?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Seems excessive to me as well. New MY13 cars show quite a lot of flames, but this is yet to be seen.

But Aventador still leads: :eek:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Are you sure that Lambo is not destined for Cape Canaveral..........is that how you spell the NASA Moon Shot place?

·
Owner
893 Posts
Emve,

Any possibility of the plastic trim melting back there ? Do you examine it ?
Typically the blue part of a flame is about +1,300° C or +2372° F :eek:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Follow-up tweet from Harris:

@harrismonkey: Also, this was first time I'd driven 2013 model MP4-12c with 625ps motor. Crazy performance. Lord knows how fast new P1 is going to be.

:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
and Chris Harris just loves his oversteer, but this track video really does show how it is counter-productive to lap times, and why it was originally at least, all dialled out, until Harris, Metcalfe et al intervened.

·
Registered
617 Posts
great and very fun !

i m still waiting for my videos from a friend of mine who was folowing me at le mans classic by night, he told me about that blue flames !!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Looks like hitting the limiter cuts the spark=fuel dump for the Aventador.
Overheating the cat is said to light it up too.
Direct injected cars don't seem to flame much, closer to stoichiometric I guess...???
Incomplete combustion is not ideal but it sure looks tuff!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts