McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gauging interest….

We are working on repairing a 12C rear diffuser here in the shop. The standard diffuser IMHO is a bit plain compared to the balance of the design of the car. I was contemplating producing a set of carbon Fiber fins that would attach to the OEM panel in either finish. The pair would attach with a provided template and could be adhered or screwed into the existing diffuser. Both are centered just inboard of the 2 lower mount bolts.

Here are a few pics. of the basic idea. These are not the actual fins they were borrowed from a different diffuser to give an example. The finished fins would match the profile and angle of the 12C diffuser.

Tell us what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Nice little touch David,so you can make them to match the standard spoiler as well ?

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice little touch David,so you can make them to match the standard spoiler as well ?
Yes, they would fit the standard spoiler either CF or the ABS as they are the same

Looks interresting but I'm wondering how it would affect the air flow under the car ?
The fins should not change the overall effect to the diffuser with regards to the venturi effect as we are not changing the overall volume of the diffuser. Typically the fins on a diffuser are a designed to control the flow of exiting air reducing turbulence. The result is a slight increase in downforce.

David

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like it. I would/t want to drill into 5K worth of CF. If it could go with another adhesive and be removable, it would be good.

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front bumper MSO style please.......
A possibility in the future...we have to dig out a little first as we have quite a few Ferrari things in the works also. ( My apologies for mentioning that name on this board :rolleyes: )

And YES we take credit cards.....:D

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts