McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to Houston's Coffee & Cars this morning. The "understated", "car without emotion" caused an absolute mob scene. I arrived a little late and driving into the event was an amazing experience. Everyone (yes, I literally mean "everyone") looked, stared and took pics. I've never experienced anything like it. The attention was constant and very enthusiastic. Nothing but positive remarks and compliments. Nobody seemed to care that there was a 599 GTO and an Aventador a few feet away! The 12C was the star of the show.:)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330823809.443159.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330823912.621442.jpg

I also met Tex with his beautiful VO/black roof 12C. I'm sure he had a similar experience.
I'll keep an eye on Youtube!

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Yes, must be about 150 people there. All of them observing. Without feeling a single thing.
(actually, you screwed yourself - if you would have kept the dihedral doors closed, they would have assumed it was a Lotus and left you alone!) ;)
Looks like fun, glad Houston is on the map!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised most people knew the car. I had very few "what kind of car is that?" questions. Lots of petrol heads in attendance.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You must feel like Paris Hilton pulling up to a club in Hollywood!

Awesome!!
Definitely a Paris Hilton moment!! It was cool for one day, but I'm glad I don't have to live with that everyday.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Moncho
Good to finally meet up with you. I had the same experience - huge crowds around the car all morning. As I was leaving, I saw another dark gray MP4 with ceramic brakes. Talked briefly with the owner (sorry, can't remember his name). He isn't on the forum, so I encouraged him to get active. After C and C a few of us drove out to a nostalgia drag race event at Hennesey's place. Same reaction from folk there (even though I wasn't allowed in the main area because my car isn't pre-1979!) . Put about 200miles on it yesterday- very comfy car, fune to play with the buttons and change the noise, but most significantly, unbelievably quick! Whilst it doesn't have the immediate push of a supercharged motor like my GT, it is sooooo deceptive; flick down a few cogs and before you realize the speedo is into three digits. Awesome!

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a very well-attended event. I overheard someone say there was over 1,200 cars present. Pretty cool!

·
Registered
886 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Cool - wish I was there this afternoon to see the even bigger smile you get when the transporter arrives with your car. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
886 Posts
^^^^ Not helping, Eric! :)

At this rate it will be dark...I think I am going to go for a liquid lunch to pass the time. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Dude.. U haven't gotten yours yet? I thought you were getting it this AM? Must be killing You!
Ummm, yeah that is right. I am literally dying! I did my part.

·
Registered
886 Posts
This AM!!!!!!!

I will have to let this thread go back to it's regularly scheduled program. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts