McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that I may not have version 10.6 after all. I understand the update is just a nav update. My navigation is terrible (incorrect positions, won't save address, etc), but I don't really use nav so not a big deal to me. That said, would like to be current as long as the update doesn't cause issues that don't exist now. I have read a few posts suggesting 10.6 introduced bugs. For the people who received the 10.6 update, would you recommend the update, or should I leave well enough alone?

·
Owner
277 Posts
Just found out that I may not have version 10.6 after all. I understand the update is just a nav update. My navigation is terrible (incorrect positions, won't save address, etc), but I don't really use nav so not a big deal to me. That said, would like to be current as long as the update doesn't cause issues that don't exist now. I have read a few posts suggesting 10.6 introduced bugs. For the people who received the 10.6 update, would you recommend the update, or should I leave well enough alone?
I heard 10.6 was the oil check RPM hold update. If you don't use Nav wait for the next one that you will need, and do it all at once. If all is well why risk problems

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All is well except my nav. And there is a faint crackling from the speakers when talking on phone via Bluetooth. If 10.6 may fix this without creating problems, I may do it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
It doesn't solve the cracking with the phone. i'm under the impression it made it worse.

·
Registered
964 Posts
It does indeed make it worse!!
I had the update done a while back and returned the car to have it back dated a few weeks ago!
The phone now works as does the radio once again.. it didn't with the latest version...

There was talking of a resolve but I'd wait until its announced.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I would say go for it, my car seems to be problem free on version 10.6. Although I haven't set up my phone as of yet, and most probably won't. I just want to enjoy the car for what it was meant to be used for which is being driven. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
All is well except my nav. And there is a faint crackling from the speakers when talking on phone via Bluetooth. If 10.6 may fix this without creating problems, I may do it.
You need a new radio head unit. 10.6 won't fix the phone issues.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mines booked in for a couple of days TLC on Monday, I'll see what it come back with...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
When was this new version software introduced in North America? Chances are I may have this newest version already installed in my putt-putt. Which would explain the reasons for not any of the issues being discussed here, fingers crossed. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is version 11 for the coupe? I thought there was a post about a version 11 or 12 perhaps specific to spyders.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
My dealer tech said 10.6 includes some drivetrain tweaks to make light throttle applications smoother. It does actually feel like it to me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
What. I also encountered with the lastest update is that my Nav simply reboots. So suddenly black screen - reboots and back on Nav. She didn't even forget destination and continued.

·
Owner
893 Posts
I guess for every car that gets the update.
McDc,
I'm not a tech person ..... So, I'm wondering: Does every new update contain all the update parameters from all the previously issued updates?
I/O/W ..... does v.11 give your vehicle all the tweaks from the lower # software versions or does the dealer have to load in each update that was released as a separate entity ??
:)

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Normally, software updates are cummulative, so a new software version does contain all the fixes and improvements from all the previous version. I assume this is the case with our rolling computer as well :D

However, from my understanding, there are different software modules in the car which can be loaded/updated independently. So e.g. you can go back one software version for IRIS while keeping a newer software version for the engine/gearbox etc.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 37 Posts