McLaren Life banner

10.6 and phone

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ergoproxy 
#1 ·
McLaren,
Please do a thorough test before an upgrade. Tried my phone the past 2 days, sounds like crap. Don't rememer it sounding like this when I 1st got the car. Only 1 speaker outputs the callers voice, and higher volumes crackle / distort. Please get this fixed.

#4 ·
When I had the original updates the phone worked brilliantly, following a minor upgrade to fix the Sat-nav(admittedly at my request) the phone is now useless.. crackling and hardly able to hear the caller- I no longer bother to sync the phone when getting into the car.
I admit that it was me who asked them to do the update but you'd of thought considering they make the software for F1 that they could get a phone to work!

#6 ·
I probably won't notice since I never use bluetooth with my phone/car, but it's kind of odd that someone could screw up what is essentially a standard so badly. I feel like even a hobbyist could correctly implement bluetooth.

Maybe this is why Ferrari has an Apple guy on their board and now is putting ipads in cars. Maybe they've wised up to the fact that their engineers just aren't good enough for this stuff and it's cheaper to stick a few hundred dollars worth of off the shelf products in the car that just, well, work. Apple and Samsung spend billions developing these things, so they might as well use them.

$300 tablet >> $5000 OEM headunit. Makes you wonder, no?

#7 ·
Can 10.6 be removed, or can they go back to a previous software version?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.