McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CollectorStudio.com sent this out via email the other day - perhaps a good gift for someone, or something for a future owner to purchase while they await delivery of the real thing?

1/8 scale McLaren P1. The new successor to the awesome McLaren F1 includes engine & cockpit detail with working butterfly doors. This model comes with a deluxe carbon fiber base and plexi case cover. It has been built in an exclusive edition of 199 in the UK using CAD files from McLaren. This masterpiece measures 22.5" long and is made from over 1500 components! The standard model is available in Volcano Yellow as showing, or in any other color combination to match your car or your favorite, by special order (extra). $6495 *email for larger pix

http://www.collectorstudio.com/index.cfm/ID/16/itemID/5807/details/1

Click the thumbnail images to see larger versions.

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a comparison with the real thing on the stand in Geneva:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
CollectorStudio.com sent this out via email the other day - perhaps a good gift for someone, or something for a future owner to purchase while they await delivery of the real thing?

Click the thumbnail images to see larger versions.

>8^)
ER
Well I guess I'm going to become a P1 owner after all, but on a much smaller scale. ??Thanks for that information Peloton25 its greatly appreciated. Cheers.....??

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Morry's site was the one I linked to as well. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,650 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To quote my friend when I showed him this first picture - "That model is seriously legit."

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Peleton, do you know if the wing deploys.......forget the speed!?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It looks like it should, but since they have not shown it up in any of the marketing photos I would suspect that it doesn't.

I'd want the wing to move if I was buying one, or to have it built in a fixed deployed position. I wonder if they could make it that way?

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It looks like it should, but since they have not shown it up in any of the marketing photos I would suspect that it doesn't.

I'd want the wing to move if I was buying one, or to have it built in a fixed deployed position. I wonder if they could make it that way?

>8^)
ER
I spoke with them today and their under the impression that the rear wing will deploy. Unfortunately they only receive a picture of the actual unit, sometimes with a complete description. They currently have no expected eta on this model. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I spoke with them today and their under the impression that the rear wing will deploy. Unfortunately they only receive a picture of the actual unit, sometimes with a complete description. They currently have no expected eta on this model. Cheers.....??
I may have made a error in my response concerning the eta, I'm of the impression that's pertains to the 1/18 scale and not the 1/8. Sorry.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts