McLaren Life banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, curious if anyone is going om 10/26-10/27 to Shift-S3ctor California Airstrip Attack presented by Gintani?
OR

To this one on on 11/09 to NoFlyZoneCALIFORNIA presented by German Dreams

Any idea which one is better than the other (less car, better rules, etc)?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
I went to the ShiftS3ctor one last year (my first ever “drag” type event, also my only one so far - I prefer road race). Was fun, but wish the runway was longer. I could only get up to near 160MPH in the half mile. Some cars were doing >200 but they were purpose built drag cars with parachutes (fastest were Evo at 210mph, and GTR at 219mph - which is nuts for just half mile - though both were completely purpose built).

While they place you side by side in a “race”, really you’re only running for max speed at half mile - the starter is a person - not lights - and the start line isn’t well defined. There were a lot of people but the wait for your next run wasn’t long. At certain points you could almost get off and go again almost immediately.

No idea about the other one - I’d imagine it’s the same tho since it’s also half mile. I need to find a 1 mile event - would definitely like to go faster! I get up to the 160 mark on some road tracks that have long straights - half mile just isn’t long enough unless you are purpose building to compete at half mile.

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I was most concern about the wait time. The last thing I want is to drive three hours one way and wait three hours in line for a single run.
Were there any exotic cars present? If so, what would you say percent of exotics to a purpose build cars and regular cars?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Thank you. I was most concern about the wait time. The last thing I want is to drive three hours one way and wait three hours in line for a single run.
Were there any exotic cars present? If so, what would you say percent of exotics to a purpose build cars and regular cars?
Over the two days there were 250 cars, and out of those 8 exotics (several McLaren’s, a Huracan and an Aventador). 720S managed 176MPH, 570’s were around 160, and a tuned 12c did 166. Aventador only managed 161, but the Huracan did 192 (tuned, of course)!

So percentage to exotics was only about 3%. A lot of shops go to prove their cars against others so a LOT of purpose built cars trying to win the prize money.

Thanks!

Z.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts