McLaren Life banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
2 new sensors in and it’s all good. Looking forward to experiencing the car outside of the default power and handling modes and automatic!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I will also add that I can’t say enough about where I bought the car, McLaren Denver.

They bent over backwards to help me and I also got a call from Mike Ward, the dealer owner, who offered to help. He’s the one that flew the tech out a week or so ago, and at the time we were fully expecting it to be at my cost, which I offered up.

After discovering the issue to be faulty sensors, they are now covering everything under warranty (including airfare and hotel). Unexpected and much appreciated.

Really impressed. I won’t be going anywhere else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
It seems when working with battery still connected to the car, if we dont wait for at least 15minutes or so, the ECU is still awake and those accelerometers will fail for good when disconnected with ECU on.

I have the same problem, anybody can help me out to source 2-4 sensors? I have seen some on ebay, but not sure they are working or not.

I have a tool to reset the error, now I just need the sensors.

thanks,

·
Registered
74 Posts
It seems when working with battery still connected to the car, if we dont wait for at least 15minutes or so, the ECU is still awake and those accelerometers will fail for good when disconnected with ECU on.

I have the same problem, anybody can help me out to source 2-4 sensors? I have seen some on ebay, but not sure they are working or not.

I have a tool to reset the error, now I just need the sensors.

thanks,

View attachment 206273
where are they located and is it easy swap? I have the same errors and looking to have this done but would like to know for my self as if easy enough I will do it my self to make sure all all precautions are taken.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I forgot to post an update but yes this was the problem and it did work. I bought two used for $75 and it solved the problem. No issues anymore with the damp fault code and car is running great.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts