McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been speaking to a dealer (non Mclaren) who claims he can get £50k off the list price of a new Spyder - anyone else on here (Owners Section) have any experience of this? Really worrying news, but explains why the classifieds have brand news spyders at £179k...

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Just been speaking to a dealer (non Mclaren) who claims he can get £50k off the list price of a new Spyder - anyone else on here (Owners Section) have any experience of this? Really worrying news, but explains why the classifieds have brand news spyders at £179k...
That's not good Andrew,although the 12c will not dip below lesser newer cars,it will find its level,so it might help with the gap between model years as my car will not drop another £50k,so the to change gap becomes less ??? if that makes sense

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
The Fezza dealers claim there is a massive unsold stock of 458 dropheads in the UK and sales have stalled. Seems the market is stalling......not surprising until the City start dishing out bags of cash.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Heard that too.. and big discount. Probably in the magnitude that is rumoured for the mac but I hadmt heard of them being that big...

Being honest though if theres a few left over after the summer ....

·
Owner
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wonder if they are building these discounts into the price and can hence afford to give them away...if that's the case, the losers are only those who paid full list to begin with (i.e most of us!). Not buying another one at list no matter which model it is.....:mad:

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
i wonder if they are building these discounts into the price and can hence afford to give them away...if that's the case, the losers are only those who paid full list to begin with (i.e most of us!). Not buying another one at list no matter which model it is.....:mad:
It's mostly options.. No one going to get 50 off min spec car..

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's mostly options.. No one going to get 50 off min spec car..
+1. Options like the carbon fiber interior bits cost Mac next to nothing to make, so they can just discount those away. The key is really the transaction price, not the amount of discount.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
+1. Options like the carbon fiber interior bits cost Mac next to nothing to make, so they can just discount those away. The key is really the transaction price, not the amount of discount.
best I got offered was 57k of a new SP.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Big spec car list at 242k I could have had at 185k....I refuse to pay list for a P1.I have an offer on a car at 200k of list its still there...Happy to wait.
To be honest I do not read any thing into this. This time of year, discontinued model and all that. If I were looking to buy a 12C. a 13 My coupe at 135/145k, looks like a bargain.......

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Depends on the spec. 50k off 246k is normal price for a reasonable spec. The host highest US car I've seen was like 305k, or about 200k GBP. A car discount to 190k GBP sounds like a ton of options. You won't find a new spider selling at 50k off a low spec.

Weird. Not sure why my posts from a tablet are bigger font.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Maybe its one of citylad's ;)

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Maybe its one of citylad's ;)
So you feel that the 12C is immure from discount then? The bigger question is how long will it take before the two tier price trick ,comes in on the new one.

I.e. the Guy that pays list, yep that's me.....The next guy few days later gets several 000 discount....Thus the 1st one gets shafted....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So you feel that the 12C is immure from discount then? The bigger question is how long will it take before the two tier price trick ,comes in on the new one.

I.e. the Guy that pays list, yep that's me.....The next guy few days later gets several 000 discount....Thus the 1st one gets shafted....
It's called "negotiation"... and on top of this, who cares?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hearty agreement on both points. Time to stop all this whining about prices. If you agreed to pay the price, and weren't actually lied to or misled about anything, then just get over it and enjoy driving a great car. And being told that you have to pay MSRP because everyone else is too doesn't qualify as a "lie". They're just testing your resolve with that ploy. Obviously the guy who pays MSRP is willing to do that, and others are not.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
F,
Tell me, how would you feel if you asked for example a discount on your P1, the answer is no sorry sir its a new car we do not have much margin in it, so accept what you are told and pay list......2 Day later same car diff customer.......Yep discount...

From the PMs I have on this, this get what you can process has been repeated around the world...

Albeit, I agree I only have my self to blame for trusting. Won't happen again.

Changing the way I buy Mac cars, I will pay what I feel the car is worth and then just get on and as you say enjoy..

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
F,
Tell me, how would you feel if you asked for example a discount on your P1, the answer is no sorry sir its a new car we do not have much margin in it, so accept what you are told and pay list......2 Day later same car diff customer.......Yep discount...

From the PMs I have on this, this get what you can process has been repeated around the world...

Albeit, I agree I only have my self to blame for trusting. Won't happen again.

Changing the way I buy Mac cars, I will pay what I feel the car is worth and then just get on and as you say enjoy..
Guess it comes down to your relationship with the dealer. Treat them as you would like to be treated yourself as my ma would say. Amazing how that seems to work...

Still, I paid list for both mine!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Early adopters generally get stuffed because we convince ourselves that no discount is available.

I tried every which way with my 12C but they knew I would not walk. Obviously a poor negotiator!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Early adopters generally get stuffed because we convince ourselves that no discount is available.

I tried every which way with my 12C but they knew I would not walk. Obviously a poor negotiator!
Same here Ric,i did try the old carpets and mudflaps to seal the deal.Didnt get the carpets,and then they reneged on the mudflaps after I had paid up .salesman Eh !!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts