I posted this to the Northern California McLaren facebook page. I hop we can get some responses and participation.
Plan would be to do an overnight in September to either Mammoth or Fort Brag. Fun back roads, stops for pics, chat, and start building a McLaren Car Club group on the West Coast (northern) CA or region.
I will take care of all the logistics and planning for the event. I do a lot of these as a hobby so not my first rodeo.
One additional question is are none McLarens allowed? Was asked on FB group. I don't mind but I leave it to a group desc ion.
sounds interesting, PM me or post details. I don't follow FB.
I've been watching your other drives (I'm in Tahoe) and they do seem to go very well just never worked for me timing wise.
I will post details here once I know we have enough people that will go. Mammoth is still a option if people wish. Post which one you like here and if there is anything specific you would like to see on the trip.
I'm interested, but not for the weekend of Sept 17 (COTA WEC race). For the Coast Route, something to consider is to meet in Rutherford. This would open up the option of adding the 128 to Skagg Springs Rd to HWY 1.
You should post this in the 570S/12C/650S/etc forums, as I'm sure few look at these "regional" sections (I hardly ever do).
Skaggs is fun but last 1/4 to coast is a tad rough. I was thinking day 2 we loop to avenue of giants before turning home. We can do Biscomb road which is just like skaggs. Cost is really more social than driving. Mammoth is the drivers run. Either run I will have a balance of fun drive to socail.
Coast is the current top choice.
@nh4 would be mad at me if I posted to all models. Though no one cares what he thinks LOL. JK buddy.
I would actually vote for the Mammoth route. Including the drive from SoCal, the Northern Coast may be too much of a commitment for me.
Besides, I am planning on another California coast drive over the long Thanksgiving weekend this year. OC - Monterey - Mendocino - Napa Valley. Anyone is welcome to join, but I don't want to derail this thread.
I would be up for either route if my car gets here by then... Was supposed to be late July then mid August and now they are saying September 12th delivery. Adding an extra week delay for the clear wrap that would make this its break in run
Arrrggghh. That is the one weekend I can't join in (going to Boulder, CO for my daughter's birthday). It looks like you've created a fantastic route, and the Devil's Postpile at the end as an add-on is a great trip itself! (Cheaper than going to the Giant's Causeway in Ireland, which is a similar basalt geologic formation).