What is this 12c worth? - McLaren Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By zlykot

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-11-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

What is this 12c worth?

what would a 2012 McLaren orange 3k miles example go for with the following options

Carbon ceramic breaks
Carbon interior
Carbon seat backs
Contrast stitching
Stealth pack
Lightweight wheels
Meridian sound pack
Duel power heated seats
Leather with alcantara inserts

Clean carfax.

Clean car flawless, Just went thru mclaren inspection and only found seepage of crank seal. otherwise all is good for being low mileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-11-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto5625 View Post
what would a 2012 McLaren orange 3k miles example go for with the following options

Carbon ceramic breaks
Carbon interior
Carbon seat backs
Contrast stitching
Stealth pack
Lightweight wheels
Meridian sound pack
Duel power heated seats
Leather with alcantara inserts

Clean carfax.

Clean car flawless, Just went thru mclaren inspection and only found seepage of crank seal. otherwise all is good for being low mileage.
I wouldn't pay much if the seats are fighting each other, and the carbon ceramic has been broken

It's a little difficult to value such low mileage cars. I'd start with a few questions:
- Has it had a repaint around the rear windows?
- Has it had IRIS upgraded?
- Have the HVAC displays been replaced?

It's missing some options that I'd want, e.g. super lightweight wheels, CF turning vanes, engine panels and covers. I'd guess that someone may pay ~$105K-110K because of the mileage, but I personally wouldn't. McLaren Orange is a nice colour, but not that valuable, IMO.

I suspect that there's quite a disconnect between what I think it's worth, and what the seller does. How long has it been for sale?
post #3 of 7 Old 05-11-2019, 08:58 PM
InnerCircle

A link to the add would probably find people who have looked at it and can give a more informed decision.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens
Random McLaren of the day.#McLaren #RMTD

post #4 of 7 Old 05-12-2019, 12:18 AM

Its on ebay, I looked at this car and decided against it, its a very early vin, didnt have any updates from what I could tell done and fairly thin on options. The mileage wasn't a significant incentive, but the lack of options and the fact that it wasn't really updated with iris and the typical "maintenance" items dissuaded me. I believe the quote to fix the crank seal was around 2k, not a big deal. There is virtually no difference in asking prices of the nicer spec cars so why not wait for something you want?
rnixon likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 05-12-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlykot View Post
Its on ebay, I looked at this car and decided against it, its a very early vin, didnt have any updates from what I could tell done and fairly thin on options. The mileage wasn't a significant incentive, but the lack of options and the fact that it wasn't really updated with iris and the typical "maintenance" items dissuaded me. I believe the quote to fix the crank seal was around 2k, not a big deal. There is virtually no difference in asking prices of the nicer spec cars so why not wait for something you want?

Check your messages please
post #6 of 7 Old 05-12-2019, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
A link to the add would probably find people who have looked at it and can give a more informed decision.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-McLare...YAAOSw9nJcrq0S
post #7 of 7 Old 05-12-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto5625 View Post
Lightweight wheels
They're actually the super lightweight wheels - a sought-after option. With that said, it is light on options and worth, IMO, what I indicated. Be aware that a later 2012 car could be around a year younger.

In addition to what I said before, just be aware that any upgrades (e.g. extra CF or IRIS2) will be expensive. If it's exactly what you want, go for it. Good luck.

Last edited by rnixon; 05-12-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in