Wtb: 2012-2014 12c - McLaren Life
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 01-15-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Looking for:

Warranty:
Prefer an existing ESC. If everything checks-out, I may pay for a McLaren inspection.
Modifications:
Must have zero performance modifications.
Mileage:
Ideally under 20k miles (or a very big discount), but not looking to pay a premium for a car that hasn’t been used.
Year:
Any, but must have been cared-for, with common issues fixed.
Body:
Coupé only
Colour:
Colourful, my top choices being the Volcano colours. May consider the silvers.
Interior:
Must have a Carbon interior with black seats (full or with Alcantara).
Options:
Strong preference for carbon-ceramic brakes. Prefer full engine bay carbon. More Carbon fibre / lift a plus.
Ready to buy the right car when I see it, but not in a hurry. I know that it's a buyer's market, so will need a good deal, but can make it happen quickly.

Last edited by rnixon; 02-14-2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Compromised on existing ESC / qualification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 01-15-2019, 12:29 PM

I would very much consider selling my 2012 Coupe in Volcano Orange with just over 18k on clock. Based on what you are looking for this car would absolutely be a good candidate. Car is in Orlando/Daytona Beach FL area. All major repairs and upgrades done. All stock except carbon air brake and never been tracked. Has had ESC for 2 years and just renewed for another year in Dec. 2018. PM me for all details and pics if you like.
Tracy
post #3 of 69 Old 01-15-2019, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus6 View Post
I would very much consider selling my 2012 Coupe in Volcano Orange with just over 18k on clock. Based on what you are looking for this car would absolutely be a good candidate. Car is in Orlando/Daytona Beach FL area. All major repairs and upgrades done. All stock except carbon air brake and never been tracked. Has had ESC for 2 years and just renewed for another year in Dec. 2018. PM me for all details and pics if you like.
Tracy
Thank you for your post. You have a PM.

post #4 of 69 Old 01-15-2019, 08:51 PM

rmixon,

Will be putting my 2012 Super Nova Silver up for sale. 11,500 miles, all the carbon except for seat backs and full engine (has partial engine carbon), super lightweights in stealth, sport exahast, alcantara. 298k MSRP.

Check my posts for video of when the car was delivered. Well sorted, and all known issues addresed. It's been rock solid. No warranty but is absolutely eligible.
post #5 of 69 Old 01-16-2019, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeavers View Post
Will be putting my 2012 Super Nova Silver up for sale. 11,500 miles, all the carbon except for seat backs and full engine (has partial engine carbon), super lightweights in stealth, sport exahast, alcantara. 298k MSRP.

Check my posts for video of when the car was delivered. Well sorted, and all known issues addresed. It's been rock solid. No warranty but is absolutely eligible.
You have a PM.

Thanks,

Roger
post #6 of 69 Old 01-16-2019, 04:16 AM
InnerCircle

I am looking to sell my 2014 MP4 Spider. it was over $330k auto. it has 45k miles and is perfect according to dealership and one of the best MP4s out there according to the service department.
When you look at colors, also look for fading, ask any dealership, the volcano colors are gorgeous but they fade quickly and not evenly, really sad because these are super colors when new.
My MP4 is titanium outside and red leather with black alcantara and full carbon inside.
my auto does have extended warranty until November 2020 and when selling privately, not through a dealership the warranty can transfer, and I will discount it but not give it away with the auto.
my MP4 2014 is located in San Francisco bay area and if ready i can bring it to McLAren San FRancisco where you can go over it with them and purchase it through them or me directly. i am asking $139,000.00
all of the autos listed are most likely great. i doubt you can lose on a McLaren, they are in a league of their own but i imagine you already know this. Good luck, have FUN 510-490-9323
post #7 of 69 Old 01-16-2019, 04:58 AM

PM sent Roger.
post #8 of 69 Old 01-16-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
I am looking to sell my 2014 MP4 Spider. it was over $330k auto. it has 45k miles and is perfect according to dealership and one of the best MP4s out there according to the service department.
When you look at colors, also look for fading, ask any dealership, the volcano colors are gorgeous but they fade quickly and not evenly, really sad because these are super colors when new.
My MP4 is titanium outside and red leather with black alcantara and full carbon inside.
my auto does have extended warranty until November 2020 and when selling privately, not through a dealership the warranty can transfer, and I will discount it but not give it away with the auto.
my MP4 2014 is located in San Francisco bay area and if ready i can bring it to McLAren San FRancisco where you can go over it with them and purchase it through them or me directly. i am asking $139,000.00
all of the autos listed are most likely great. i doubt you can lose on a McLaren, they are in a league of their own but i imagine you already know this. Good luck, have FUN 510-490-9323
Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, that combination of red leather, mileage and price, isn't for me. GLWS
post #9 of 69 Old 01-21-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Still looking.
post #10 of 69 Old 01-28-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

I'll be in the Los Angeles area this Friday and Saturday, viewing a few cars. Anyone there wanting to sell?

Last edited by rnixon; 01-28-2019 at 03:12 PM.
post #11 of 69 Old 01-31-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Refined my criteria (editted the first post). Still looking.
post #12 of 69 Old 02-03-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Now only looking at Coupés (and some other minor changes).
post #13 of 69 Old 02-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnixon View Post
Now only looking at Coupés (and some other minor changes).

What made you shy away from a Spider?
post #14 of 69 Old 02-03-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff M View Post
What made you shy away from a Spider?
Mainly practicality gains:
- More space around your head
- Additional storage behind the seats (which looks to allow for better speaker placement, not really an issue though)
- Better view of the engine bay
- Didn't like the visible fold lines from the outside (although I care more about the inside)

Driving with the top down would occasionally be nice, but is also a recipe for sunburn in California.

The downside is that the coupé is quite rare once the convertible came in (2013/4).

Last edited by rnixon; 02-08-2019 at 12:34 AM.
post #15 of 69 Old 02-09-2019, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Had a promising car fail inspection, so still looking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in