Wtb: 2012-2014 12c - Page 5 - McLaren Life
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 69 Old 03-05-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnixon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnixon View Post
This isn't too far from you, and has a little of an ESC left to run. I don't know what the reserve is, although would be concerned that it's more than it's worth.
Got to $87,600 (below the reserve, unsurprisingly). I would have expected more, given that it is has a transferable ESC. It didn't have enough CF for me (interior is a requirement, with engine bay CF and CCB being highly desirable). The "Buy It Now" of $119,900 was never going to happen, IMO. Lovely colour, ESC and recent service though.
I actually bid up to 92k. Was the highest bidder so never went up. Reserve is usually close to buy it now. So prob like 110
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 03-05-2019, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ettorri View Post
I actually bid up to 92k. Was the highest bidder so never went up. Reserve is usually close to buy it now. So prob like 110
$92k is a tad optimistic , although I understand that you wouldn't offer as much on a car that you haven't physically seen and tested.

IMO, it's not worth $110k - the options are too light. I didn't consider it because I find the standard silver plastic isn't at the level of the car or the rest of the interior. It still had IRIS1 by the looks of it too. The Coupe engine cover is designed to show off the engine bay, so having no CF there is a shame, IMO. We'll see what they do about their asking price.
post #63 of 69 Old 03-07-2019, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Still looking, ideally; Coupé, CF interior, CCB, CF engine bay, Volcano colour, full leather, super-light wheels. Cash sat waiting.

Last edited by rnixon; 03-09-2019 at 12:21 AM.

post #64 of 69 Old 04-02-2019, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Given the recent clamp-down on ESCs, I'm now wanting an unbroken service history.

To summarise, I'm after:

Coupé, CF interior, CCB, CF engine bay, Volcano colour (preference for orange), full leather (alcantara OK, prefer black)
- MUST have an unbroken service history to be ESC qualified (for new or renewal, as per McLaren)
- Prefer an existing ESC. If everything checks-out, I may pay for a McLaren inspection
- Must have zero performance modifications
- Ideally under 20k miles (or a very big discount), but not looking to pay a premium for a car that hasn’t been used

Will travel if the price is right. Ready to buy the right car when I see it, but not in a hurry.
post #65 of 69 Old 04-03-2019, 02:20 AM
All cars are beautiful
Owner

Garage
Hey Rnixon,
I'm guessing since you seem to do a lot of research on this subject, you probably checked out all the various websites such as: Autotempest.com, Cargurus.com, autotrader.com, etc. You should also just check out websites of local high end dealership in your general area - e.g. Ferrari/Maserati, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Bentley, etc. - as they often may have McLarens in their inventory that they simply don't list on those websites. I know I found a few nice comparables this way. Also, I would go to perhaps your local McLaren dealership and ask if they have any used in stock or ask if they know of any either selling privately or in any nearby dealerships. Sometimes they will tell you these sort of things.

Anyway just my two cents. I wish you the very best of luck on your search!!! May you find the right car and may the right car find you!
rnixon likes this.

Enjoy life but be reasonable, you never know but you might actually live another day to pay for it!
post #66 of 69 Old 04-05-2019, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecars View Post
You should also just check out websites of local high end dealership in your general area - e.g. Ferrari/Maserati, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Bentley, etc. - as they often may have McLarens in their inventory that they simply don't list on those websites.
Thank you for the tip - it's not something that I've got around to yet, but should.

Quote:
Also, I would go to perhaps your local McLaren dealership and ask if they have any used in stock or ask if they know of any either selling privately or in any nearby dealerships. Sometimes they will tell you these sort of things.
I went to see a car that they have, which ticks many of my boxes, but can't be ESC qualified with McLaren no longer turning a blind eye to a wide interpretation of its servicing requirement.

Quote:
I wish you the very best of luck on your search!!! May you find the right car and may the right car find you!
Thank you - I appreciate it.
post #67 of 69 Old 04-11-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

I'd be particularly interested in hearing about any Volcano colour, 2013/4 Coupés.
post #68 of 69 Old Today, 08:14 AM
InnerCircle

Just sold my mp4-12c. 2014. $73,000.00
I needed to sell.mi was surprisedvthisxwas best I could get
Had one person interested but ge preferred 2012 12c coup

None of this makes sense but does address more interest in coups, alsovshaeed by McLaren sf who only offered me 70k

Oh, and another reason was mileafe,beveryine said 46k milesxwayvto high , they wanted one with 1,000 to 3,000 miles max
post #69 of 69 Old Today, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Hunting for a 12C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
Just sold my mp4-12c. 2014. $73,000.00
I needed to sell.mi was surprisedvthisxwas best I could get
Had one person interested but ge preferred 2012 12c coup

None of this makes sense but does address more interest in coups, alsovshaeed by McLaren sf who only offered me 70k

Oh, and another reason was mileafe,beveryine said 46k milesxwayvto high , they wanted one with 1,000 to 3,000 miles max
Thank you for the data-point. I'm sorry that you didn't get a better price. As you said, miles really hit resale, especially over 20-30K. Whether they should is open to debate, but you can't argue with the market. That doesn't stop some sellers trying though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in