Body shops in North America for McLaren - McLaren Life
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By ima2nr

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-21-2019, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Body shops in North America for McLaren

Seeking input on body shops McLaren owners have had experiences with in regards to either their McLaren, or other exotics. That they have utilized a shop they have considered exceptional.
If they are a current McLaren certified body shop please make mention, but the intent of this thread would be to get feedback about shops that aren't currently part of the McLaren network. Ones you like to see possibly become part of this. Based on fair reviews/experiences, but mainly the level of workmanship on a consistent basis.
Keep in mind logistically they would need to be located relatively close to any of the current dealers in NA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2019, 02:36 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

**** ATLANTA GA ****

I had some idiot back into my 2012 12c in a parking lot. The front bumper was smashed into a hidden internal bracket on the bumper and it made a stretch and a tear thru the bumper skin.

At the time I had a McLaren Orange 12c, which is a priority color and not easy to match perfectly.

So I took it to my trusted "non advertised, super talented independent body shop" for a assessment and repair with out getting hosed just because it's an exotic car (and I wanted to pay out of pocket so no insurance claim)

I have worked with this shop before, and they do amazing stuff. Just know he does not rush you in and out, but he is worth the wait.

Tim @ (770) 952-9421

TL Collision
1875 Airport Industrial Park Dr SE
Marietta, GA 30060

No affiliation, but I have used him on over a dozen different projects over the years and he is always top notch...

To summarize the repair. Tim first was unsure if the bumper could be repaired. He advised it was dependent on the type of plastic used to make the bumper. I guess some material cannot be heated, worked, and plastic welded. Those types of bumper must be replaced when it is stretched or torn.

The great news was he reported that McLaren (at least on a 2012 12c) uses the "good kind" of plastic, and it was a very easy repair less than 500.00 for the whole job! Perfect match on the color as well!

Hope someone in the Atlanta Area can save thousands by venturing out and meeting Tim in person. I will say again his work is phenomenal! but he does not rush any job, and even when offer "Bonus money" to push your car in front of others in his shop, he just polity says he cant. I kind of like that sincerity honest as well!
caraudio1 likes this.

- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Graphite Gray (his)
- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Brilliant White (hers)
- 2017 Alfa Romero Giulia Quadrifoglio

Last edited by ima2nr; 04-21-2019 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 3 Old 04-21-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Many thanks, for this tip. I will look into. Like to hear from more owners from all over, so please forward them to this thread, thanks again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in