P15 -- McLaren Senna - Page 182 - McLaren Life
 2176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #2716 of 2741 Old 04-06-2019, 01:02 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2717 of 2741 Old 04-06-2019, 04:51 PM
InnerCircle

I saw an F1 today. It was parked next to a P1 which was parked next to a P1 GTR which was parked next to a Senna which was parked next to a Senna GTR which was parked next to a 570 GT4.
Gary(SF) and Tupps11 like this.

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens
Random McLaren of the day.#McLaren #RMTD
post #2718 of 2741 Old 04-06-2019, 04:57 PM
InnerCircle

Short video of the GTR on Instagram @confuciousmobil

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

PS - nothing I say should be taken seriously but I am lucky enough to live in Woking and do get to see a lot of McLarens

post #2719 of 2741 Old 04-06-2019, 05:43 PM
InnerCircle

It was interesting at Goodwood today there are about 20 parking spaces with peoples names, presumably committee members? A couple of Ferrari’s, a couple of Bentleys, range rovers, a 911 GT2RS and a 570S, a 730S and two Sennas.

post #2720 of 2741 Old 04-06-2019, 07:09 PM
InnerCircle

For anyone that saw my vid on instagram, I watched it and found that it had been cropped and was missing the end. I’ve uploaded it again for those that want to see the rest.

post #2721 of 2741 Old 04-07-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I saw an F1 today. It was parked next to a P1 which was parked next to a P1 GTR which was parked next to a Senna which was parked next to a Senna GTR which was parked next to a 570 GT4.
It is funny how they conveniently keep on forgetting their only really successful race car... the 650sGT3
XPRD likes this.
post #2722 of 2741 Old 04-07-2019, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A West View Post
It is funny how they conveniently keep on forgetting their only really successful race car... the 650sGT3

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/1...-650s-gt3.html
XPRD likes this.
post #2723 of 2741 Old 04-07-2019, 08:08 AM

Yeah CRS GT clearly did a shit job with the 650sGT3 (and 570GT4, and P1 GTR) that they shouldnt be allowed to do any more cars, but i am biased...
eMcL likes this.
post #2724 of 2741 Old 04-07-2019, 11:21 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

P15 -- McLaren Senna

CRS did such a good job that McLaren realized they needed to take these efforts, and capabilities, in-house. I believe it was an inevitable part of McLaren’s growth and, while the process of getting from CRS to in-house was painful, it was ultimately necessary for McLaren as a business.
post #2725 of 2741 Old 04-07-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
CRS did such a good job that McLaren realized they needed to take these efforts, and capabilities, in-house. I believe it was an inevitable part of McLaren’s growth and, while the process of getting from CRS to in-house was painful, it was ultimately necessary for McLaren as a business.
Yes I am not familiar with any of the business details of the transition, so can not argue/debate the merits of the decision. But there were no McLaren GT3's on track at Laguna Seca 8 Hours last week and many of the 650GT3 drivers now appear in Aston Martin's ….
post #2726 of 2741 Old 04-10-2019, 04:50 PM

Formula 1 World Champion Mika Häkkinen to return to Suzuka in a McLaren 720S GT3
9 Apr 2019

Two-time FIA Formula 1 World Champion to make racing comeback in a McLaren 720S GT3
‘Flying Finn’ to compete in Suzuka 10 Hours this August
Mika Häkkinen will return to the Suzuka circuit in Japan later this year at the wheel of a McLaren, 20 years after claiming his second Formula 1 world championship title with the brand. It has been confirmed that the Finnish driver will contest the Suzuka 10 Hour endurance race in a customer racing McLaren 720S GT3.

Häkkinen will make his debut start at the Suzuka 10 Hour alongside two-time Super Formula champion Hiroaki Ishiura and Japanese Formula 3 racer Katsuaki Kubota. The trio will drive the new 720S GT3 for the fourth round of the Intercontinental GT Challenge Powered by Pirelli on 23-25 August. Further information on the entry, including details of the customer team that will be running the car, will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

Häkkinen won consecutive Formula 1 titles with McLaren in 1998 and 1999, securing both championships with wins at the Suzuka circuit. The ‘Flying Finn’ was reunited with his championship-winning MP4/13 car last year, driving several demonstration laps of the Japanese Grand Prix venue to commemorate the 20th anniversary of his first title success.

The 2019 season marks the debut competitive season for the 720S GT3, which is now racing with customer teams in championships globally following an intensive development programme. The car has already enjoyed a strong start to its competitive career, securing pole position and victory during the debut customer race event in Melbourne, Australia
DLC likes this.
post #2727 of 2741 Old 04-20-2019, 07:19 PM

The first time....

I had my first proper drive in Senna chassis 97 yesterday afternoon. The car is exquisite, and everything I expected Mclaren to deliver. An emotional feeling like I've rarely ever experienced. The car is so imposing on the road, makes you feel like a king on a throne, or perhaps a LeMans pilot lost on his way to the circuit??
In a nutshell, I don't think P1 owners have anything to worry about but the Senna is a truly special and unique drive. The overall impression is of light weight, an almost utter lack of inertia and an awesome tactility and tenacity just pawing at the pavement....the 'spits' on upshifts are awesome, and the engine is a masterpiece in this spec, pure racer stuff. The car is stiff and on most roads i think Sport mode is more than enough, i used Comfort mostly, and the McLaren magic ride is in full effect here, just sensational, like putty in your hands...
Attached Images

jdcohenmd, eMcL and kovalser like this.
post #2728 of 2741 Old 04-20-2019, 09:45 PM
InnerCircle

You are right about it being imposing on the road. My wife doesn’t like cars but even she loves the Senna and gets exited every time she sees one.

Nice spec. Have fun and enjoy!

post #2729 of 2741 Old 05-01-2019, 03:46 PM

They make some really good films...
eMcL and MacNcheese like this.
post #2730 of 2741 Old 05-01-2019, 05:49 PM

A Senna GTR just came up for sale on IG this morning.

Offered by LaSource

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in