First McLaren, 720S! The best and worst parts. - Page 3 - McLaren Life
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 41 Old 05-02-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aafx View Post
They arent willing to give me the wing period regardless of it being available in the future or not lol thats the problem
If Corporate said they will not provide the MSO carbon wing — then you did not pay for a MSO carbon wing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 12:22 AM

I think I understand now. You knew the wing was body colored but thought they might have painted it. It seems to me that when making a purchase of this size that you should have clarified with the dealer prior to purchase. Not checked it once the car arrived. I think most people in that situation would have simply asked them about the wing. I highly doubt that anyone would believe that it is reasonable to assume that a dealer would paint an MSO carbon wing body color. This entire situation could have been avoided.

Iím guessing that you probably knew the wing was not carbon. Once you received the car and confirmed that it wasnít you hit the dealer up for an additional discount or remedy. Seems kinda shady to me. That said I do believe that the dealer does bear some responsibility for the situation. They offered to take the car back which is probably about all they could do being that they already discounted the car to make the initial sale.

As far as all the other problems you have had I feel for you. Ultimately we are all looking to conduct business with someone we can trust and feel good dealing with regardless of what we are purchasing.

Iím sure you will move past these current frustrations quickly and begin enjoying your car. It is an awesome car as you know.
oxia and aafx like this.
post #33 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderGTR View Post
I think I understand now. You knew the wing was body colored but thought they might have painted it. It seems to me that when making a purchase of this size that you should have clarified with the dealer prior to purchase. Not checked it once the car arrived. I think most people in that situation would have simply asked them about the wing. I highly doubt that anyone would believe that it is reasonable to assume that a dealer would paint an MSO carbon wing body color. This entire situation could have been avoided.

I’m guessing that you probably knew the wing was not carbon. Once you received the car and confirmed that it wasn’t you hit the dealer up for an additional discount or remedy. Seems kinda shady to me. That said I do believe that the dealer does bear some responsibility for the situation. They offered to take the car back which is probably about all they could do being that they already discounted the car to make the initial sale.

As far as all the other problems you have had I feel for you. Ultimately we are all looking to conduct business with someone we can trust and feel good dealing with regardless of what we are purchasing.

I’m sure you will move past these current frustrations quickly and begin enjoying your car. It is an awesome car as you know.
I didn't ask for a discount once I found out at all, just the wing/wheels/credit if wheels or wing couldnt happen. Most dealers would just switch wheels for free... I love the car, and thats a fact. Just wish this was handled better from the dealer... and it could have been. Either way whatever happens, will happen at this point and I plan to continue enjoying the car to the fullest.

Last edited by aafx; 05-03-2019 at 03:00 AM.

post #34 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 03:20 AM

Quote:
I didn't ask for a discount once I found out at all, just the wing/wheels/credit if wheels or wing couldnt happen. Most dealers would just switch wheels for free... I love the car, and thats a fact. Just wish this was handled better from the dealer... and it could have been. Either way whatever happens, will happen at this point and I plan to continue enjoying the car to the fullest.
So the MSRP on the sticker, which included the MSO carbon wing, was reduced in the sales contract price because the wing was not MSO carbon — got it. Hopefully you will have a better experience with your local McLaren dealer. Now that you are happier, how about posting some more photos of your new car in sunny Florida so that we can all enjoy looking at your new car. You will find that there are many helpful people on this forum.
post #35 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 03:53 AM

This was the same dealer with that used car that broke down?

I agree with the OP. If the window sticker says it’s on the car. It should be there or a separate ticket/work order showing it’s due on arrival of the part.

If the OP knew about it missing and negotiated a fair price on it then that’s different. But it seems that he believed the car had it and the dealer tried to pull a fast one on him.

The last issue the manager logged in and explained their side. Wonder if he will do the same to this one.

Ultimately it turns into a he said she said scenario.
post #36 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I also donít see why what I paid is any of your business either, that does not change the issue at hand that the dealer made a mistake and instead of correcting it they run from it. That is weakness not only from a business but from a judge of character. Iím not the type of person to run from my problems...
Got it. You want to play hide and seek with the facts. MSRP was $350K and you paid what dealer asked. Why introduce this into the discussion.

So you are expecting to inform all members of McLaren life... That they should not do business with McLaren Chicago based on your experience. You are expecting people to buy higher price cars elsewhere, ship their cars to other dealers hundreds of miles away for service, contact McLaren on your behalf and say how disgusted we are with your treatment, picket outside the dealer for you, call the dealer and tell them that we would never buy a car from them or service from them because of your experience?

Is the above what you are expecting to achieve? You'd probably be surprised that this isn't going to happen and you wouldn't have swayed one person.
post #37 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 10:52 AM

Isn’t Chicago now owned by the same group as Phoenix?
post #38 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 01:27 PM
Owner

Buy the evolution automotive mso wing and call it a day and lower your blood pressure with your savings under msrp. i am sure you recieved a nice discount

I have a hard time believing you didnt know how the mso wing should look in pics of the car before signing off on a 300k purchase
post #39 of 41 Old 05-03-2019, 03:11 PM

I've purchased multiple cars from Chicago Mac. and the entire team has been nothing up front, honest, and professional. Reading thru the thread seems to me you knew the car did NOT have a carbon wing when purchased and now trying to get it added at no cost. Your assertion that they would have painted an MSO carbon wing and then somehow tried to hide it is absurd. Yes, the wing was on window sticker but never installed due to back order issues. I'm sure the purchase price you paid was reflective of that and now your trying to take advantage. I've also gotten to know Josh King quite well and your attempted character assassination is unprofessional and totally inaccurate. Time to grow up and move on.

Last edited by GenevaGT; 05-03-2019 at 07:42 PM.
post #40 of 41 Old 05-17-2019, 06:24 PM

Garage
To the OP, I am slightly confused what happened with your purchase experience with your 720, but here are my thoughts based on what I've read. Purchasing any car out of state is a slight gamble unless you go see the car in person. If I were you, I would have at least flown to Chicago to see the car or had them send extensive pictures to you of both the exterior and interior. Its a $350k car so if i am going to spend that kind of money, I am going to see it in person first no questions asked. You wouldn't purchase a $350K house without seeing it in person. If the window sticker stated it came with the MSO wing and you had gone in person to see it or seen based off the pictures that it didn't come with it, I would have told the dealer you wouldn't purchase the car until the wing was installed, simple as that. Gives the dealer motivation to get the MSO wing put on quickly so they can sell the car. Thats the basic rule with any large purchase in life, make sure everything is correct you double check everything, because once they get your money, that's all that matters to them and will be an uphill battle to get items or things that need fixing corrected. Also, you stated that you paid what the dealer was asking for the car. I hope they weren't asking MSRP for the car. Almost all new 720s coupes are being offered at a good discount right now at the majority of dealerships, usually in the $15-20K discount range off MSRP. If I'm the manager or salesperson at the dealership, im thinking to myself "wow this young guy (you stated you were in your early 20's) must not be thinking clearly, he wants to buy this brand new 720 for our asking price, isn't trying to negotiate price, car has an expensive MSO item that is on the window sticker but not on the vehicle currently, and he wants to give us money for the vehicle without us fixing the issue first." Yeah im sorry OP but I can understand why the dealer is playing hardball now. They got your money and are moving on. Hope you can learn from this on future large purchases in life. Double check everything, cross your T's and dot your I's.

2018 570S Coupe: Mclaren Orange, Track Pack
1965 Factory Five Cobra
2018 Ford Raptor

Instagram: keatonwynn
post #41 of 41 Old Today, 05:35 AM
Owner

Garage
The OP bought a car with the CF wing. It's on the sticker. He either wanted thee wing, or some other compromise and they basically told him to get stuffed. That's bad customer service. Period, end of story.

A buddy of mine bought a 720 from these guys and they arranged shipping. He wired the money and after they got paid, the car basically sat there...... for weeks. They kept promising it would be shipped and nothing. He basically had to arrange his own shipping and pay again since they already charged him for shipping.

Dino

Ferrari F40, Challenge Stradale, TR, 348, Mondial, 308
March/Cosworth 88C
McLaren 570 S 'Track Pack'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in