3 problems in my 650S - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-18-2018, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

3 problems in my 650S

Hello,
I just joined recently in the club

I have 650S spyder 2015 33,000KM

hope this club will help me out fixing my car.

1- I have check engine comes sometimes and disapear and sometimes I can't go faster than 40.

2- I have tpms fault it doesnt shows psi or anything

3_ when I press the open on the key the gas cap its open by itself. then I have to hold my hand on the gas cap and press close on remote to close it.

anyone can help me out to fix these problems? no dealer around me. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-18-2018, 09:30 PM

Hi, I can help with no 3.... I had the same problem two weeks ago and it’s common...
A clip breaks usually.... there’s a clip part no 11a4829cp (19) which breaks and needs changing. 1 min job to swap.

Have a look at that clip to the right of the fuel filler hole when the flap is open
post #3 of 9 Old 09-20-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

hey keron
thanks for your reply

where can I get this part pls with a good price? thanks again

post #4 of 9 Old 09-21-2018, 03:05 PM

Hi Ahmad,

Is the car going into limp mode when the check engine light goes on? Or is the reduced speed due to other reasons?
post #5 of 9 Old 09-21-2018, 06:09 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

TPMS fault... Probably needs new sensors (they have a finite life due to batteries), or maybe the last time tires were changed, sensors were not installed at all.

As for the check engine fault, impossible to diagnose unless you can provide the codes. Get a cheap OBD-2 reader, plug it in when the light comes on, and tell us the codes that come up. As for the 40MPH limit, usually the display will say "limp home" or something if it's reduced speed. Have you checked oil levels in the transmission? Low transmission oil will trigger limp home. However, could be anything really - need those OBD-2 codes!

Thanks!

Z.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-21-2018, 10:57 PM

On my 720s rt lower stalk (cruise control & nose lift) seems to get confused sometimes & pushing stalk away from you clears prob
post #7 of 9 Old 09-22-2018, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Barr - McLarenRSA View Post
Hi Ahmad,

Is the car going into limp mode when the check engine light goes on? Or is the reduced speed due to other reasons?

Yeah its going into limp mode when the check engine light on. Now Im driving t”my car the past 3 days 300km no check engine light on!
post #8 of 9 Old 09-22-2018, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Hi Z.

I think you are right. What do you recommend for sensors? Which brand I go for? And would you tell the website I can order it please?
As for check engine I did diagnose two weeks ago but I didnt understand the code its shows ( ff,07,00,00 CONSULT HANDBOOK)
Thanks
See pic below.
Attached Images

post #9 of 9 Old 09-22-2018, 07:59 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad N Ben Salamah View Post
Hi Z.

I think you are right. What do you recommend for sensors? Which brand I go for? And would you tell the website I can order it please?
As for check engine I did diagnose two weeks ago but I didnt understand the code its shows ( ff,07,00,00 CONSULT HANDBOOK)
Thanks
See pic below.
Hi Ahmad,

Do you have a higher resolution version? That image is tiny and when I zoom in it just becomes blurred. Codes are normally something like "P0048" or something. Hex codes (like "FF,07", etc) are usually PID's for pulling specific info back. If the check engine comes on, there should always be a P-code as well. It could be something as simple as a vacuum sensor (My BMW M3 at one time would drop in to limp home even if I was driving along at 80mph - suddenly all the power was gone. Pretty dangerous actually - turned out to be a simple vacuum sensor that was working intermittently).

As for the sensors, I believe you need the Huf RDE048V21 sensors. You should be able to buy them online. They shouldn't need programming, though I've not changed them personally on a 650S so not 100%. If you go here http://products.intellisens.com/ you can search, and you'll see it says the RDE048V21's do NOT need programming.

Thanks!

Z.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in