How many of you remember to ask for the club discount when you took car to service/ w - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-11-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Owner

How many of you remember to ask for the club discount when you took car to service/ w

I have owned my car since Jan. Been to dealer for 2 things and only remembered the discount a few days or a week after I got car back. Very annoying at myself. Just wondering whether I am an outlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-10-2018, 07:39 AM
Owner

Garage
I needed some parts. Asked for the discount at Scottsdale. They said no.

Dino

Ferrari F40, Challenge Stradale, TR, 348, Mondial, 308
March/Cosworth 88C
McLaren 570 S 'Track Pack'
post #3 of 7 Old 09-10-2018, 01:34 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenere View Post
I needed some parts. Asked for the discount at Scottsdale. They said no.
Hmm they used to post on here and give McLaren life discount wonder what changed.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-10-2018, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I got discount from Boston and long Island.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-24-2018, 09:40 PM
InnerCircle

i go to McLaren San Francisco, Dan said they do not recognize the McLaren Club for additional discounts, I even wore my McLaren Club Hat. I will have my 2014 MP4 in for 4 year service under warranty on Monday and then it goes up for sale running perfect and with whatever they do for $2,200.00, sheeesh, owning a McLAren is one thing, regular upkeep is another.
There are some ways you can save money:
1. most of you never use your windshield wipers they are replaced in each service, tell them do not replace them. I use my wipers and they are still like new and work astonishingly well, better than ANY other auto.
2. some places still try to replace that terrible artificial sound generator, i would be surprised in you even want it in your auto. It was primarily installed for coupes because the interior of a McLaren is sooo quiet and this way you could hear sounds of the motor. Spiders have the rear window that goes down, That is, in my opinion, the best feature on a McLaren for sooo many reasons.
3. Cabin air filters, i doubt most of you drive your McLaren enough to warrant replacing them. For the rest of you, i doubt you ever pressed the button to recirculate the air in your McLaren or know how to.
4. All McLarens have their brake fluid changed every year, question, if you do not drive your McLaren much, do you need to change your Brake fluid every year?
5. of course, all McLarens have their oil changed.
6. if your McLaren is supposed to get updates, to motor, transmission or radio/navigation this takes place but not much, if any of this for the MP4 now since they are 4 plus years old or do any of you know different
7. about $1,500 to $1,600.00 is labor, which continues to go up, where the service department removes both pans from below and inspects your McLaren underneath and checks the brakes

So, especially for the MP4, if you are not having any problems and really only need an oil change, are we better off having our auto serviced in a mom/pop garage or doing it ourselves. Also, if we do our own service elsewhere, does it affect our extended warranty, i have extended Warranty to Mid November 2020? i am needing to sell 2014 my MP4 so i know people will want to view service records so i am at the dealer for service on Monday, how important is this to prospective buyers...

if i remember more i shall add it later but above is the bulk hope to get a lot of sharing on this one.
this post is about the McLAren Club, i feel it should have its own post, a lot going on here, i feel
post #6 of 7 Old 11-25-2018, 12:53 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica View Post
i go to McLaren San Francisco, Dan said they do not recognize the McLaren Club for additional discounts, I even wore my McLaren Club Hat. I will have my 2014 MP4 in for 4 year service under warranty on Monday and then it goes up for sale running perfect and with whatever they do for $2,200.00, sheeesh, owning a McLAren is one thing, regular upkeep is another.
There are some ways you can save money:
1. most of you never use your windshield wipers they are replaced in each service, tell them do not replace them. I use my wipers and they are still like new and work astonishingly well, better than ANY other auto.
2. some places still try to replace that terrible artificial sound generator, i would be surprised in you even want it in your auto. It was primarily installed for coupes because the interior of a McLaren is sooo quiet and this way you could hear sounds of the motor. Spiders have the rear window that goes down, That is, in my opinion, the best feature on a McLaren for sooo many reasons.
3. Cabin air filters, i doubt most of you drive your McLaren enough to warrant replacing them. For the rest of you, i doubt you ever pressed the button to recirculate the air in your McLaren or know how to.
4. All McLarens have their brake fluid changed every year, question, if you do not drive your McLaren much, do you need to change your Brake fluid every year?
5. of course, all McLarens have their oil changed.
6. if your McLaren is supposed to get updates, to motor, transmission or radio/navigation this takes place but not much, if any of this for the MP4 now since they are 4 plus years old or do any of you know different
7. about $1,500 to $1,600.00 is labor, which continues to go up, where the service department removes both pans from below and inspects your McLaren underneath and checks the brakes

So, especially for the MP4, if you are not having any problems and really only need an oil change, are we better off having our auto serviced in a mom/pop garage or doing it ourselves. Also, if we do our own service elsewhere, does it affect our extended warranty, i have extended Warranty to Mid November 2020? i am needing to sell 2014 my MP4 so i know people will want to view service records so i am at the dealer for service on Monday, how important is this to prospective buyers...

if i remember more i shall add it later but above is the bulk hope to get a lot of sharing on this one.
this post is about the McLAren Club, i feel it should have its own post, a lot going on here, i feel
Did my first service a few days ago... They did oil change, update check, inspection, etc. Just topped off/bled the brake fluid. Typically brake fluid needs to be fully replaced every 2-3 years since it's hygroscopic (it absorbs water from the air). So that one is time based - not usage based. They didn't change any of the air filters, cabin filters, etc - I think they only do those every couple years.

For these cars I think people are pretty interested in full service history from the dealer, else the value will take a hit. Things are so expensive on these cars, the service history is the only guarantee anyone has that the car has been inspected by someone who is factory trained. I do my own interval-services (so changing oil early, etc), but I will always do the annual dealer service for records. If it's under warranty I'd hate to not have factory service records if something major goes - like the engine or transmission!

As for the topic, I did forget to mention the club... but looks like Jessica already checked, and MacSF doesn't have it :/

Thanks!

Z.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-25-2018, 08:45 AM
Owner

There's a mcLaren club? Really? Do you guys know anything about how I can join that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in