i go to McLaren San Francisco, Dan said they do not recognize the McLaren Club for additional discounts, I even wore my McLaren Club Hat. I will have my 2014 MP4 in for 4 year service under warranty on Monday and then it goes up for sale running perfect and with whatever they do for $2,200.00, sheeesh, owning a McLAren is one thing, regular upkeep is another.
There are some ways you can save money:
1. most of you never use your windshield wipers they are replaced in each service, tell them do not replace them. I use my wipers and they are still like new and work astonishingly well, better than ANY other auto.
2. some places still try to replace that terrible artificial sound generator, i would be surprised in you even want it in your auto. It was primarily installed for coupes because the interior of a McLaren is sooo quiet and this way you could hear sounds of the motor. Spiders have the rear window that goes down, That is, in my opinion, the best feature on a McLaren for sooo many reasons.
3. Cabin air filters, i doubt most of you drive your McLaren enough to warrant replacing them. For the rest of you, i doubt you ever pressed the button to recirculate the air in your McLaren or know how to.
4. All McLarens have their brake fluid changed every year, question, if you do not drive your McLaren much, do you need to change your Brake fluid every year?
5. of course, all McLarens have their oil changed.
6. if your McLaren is supposed to get updates, to motor, transmission or radio/navigation this takes place but not much, if any of this for the MP4 now since they are 4 plus years old or do any of you know different
7. about $1,500 to $1,600.00 is labor, which continues to go up, where the service department removes both pans from below and inspects your McLaren underneath and checks the brakes
So, especially for the MP4, if you are not having any problems and really only need an oil change, are we better off having our auto serviced in a mom/pop garage or doing it ourselves. Also, if we do our own service elsewhere, does it affect our extended warranty, i have extended Warranty to Mid November 2020? i am needing to sell 2014 my MP4 so i know people will want to view service records so i am at the dealer for service on Monday, how important is this to prospective buyers...
if i remember more i shall add it later but above is the bulk hope to get a lot of sharing on this one.
this post is about the McLAren Club, i feel it should have its own post, a lot going on here, i feel