McLaren Car Club Info - McLaren Life
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
McLaren Car Club Info

Hello All,

We are officially launching the club and starting our membership drive. The website has been updated with all the information we have and our store system in place to collect memberships.

McLaren Car Club Website

www.mclarencc.org

Member Registration page
www.mclarencc.org/catalog

Common questions you may have right now.

1. We are currently reaching out to all North America dealers to work with them on how the club can support them and vice versa. As soon we have these details finalized, we will announce it to all members.

2. Concerns about McLaren Corporate saying no club. As we are a independent group from McLaren and we do not need Corporate approval to start or run. We only need approval to use their logo and branding which we have our own designs currently. However, we have been in contact with corporate about being an official club and will continue to talk with them towards that goal.

3. As members sign up we will start braking areas up into regions so we can structure events that are close to you. As members are spread out all over the country, we will do our best to keep events rotating so not one set of owners is always driving to a event.

Help us get the word out to the owners you know to let them know there is a club now. In addition, reach out to your local dealer to let them know you want them to be engaged with the club in some capacity.

We are at the 90-yard line. It is now a team effort to get us across the last 10 yards to the goal.
Cheers

McLaren Car Club Admins
[email protected]
Kamran, Hoodini and @RES like this.

Drive organizer
Drive database and photo locations
Keeper of the Vins (All production models)
PM Your vin if not listed (World Wide list)
McLaren database of cars

Last edited by m3dragon; 12-09-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
For those on facebook, help us reach 1000 likes on our club page
Attached Images

andy c, snowhorn, jhou44 and 1 others like this.

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #3 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Owner

Is there a list yet of the participating dealers who will be offering 10% off service and parts to club members?
@RES likes this.

Daily drivers:
1994 NSX - Brooklands Green with 300K+ miles
2012 12C - Racing Green with fewer miles (but still 3rd-highest USA, 13th-highest worldwide)

post #4 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
Is there a list yet of the participating dealers who will be offering 10% off service and parts to club members?
We are talking to then right now. I hope to have a list in the next week or two.
@RES likes this.

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #5 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Owner

Garage
Adam, I just tried to purchase the Charter membership but I received a popup with "Error - Undefined". Not sure if its a page issue or the fact that I'm, literally, on third world internet.

*update* The error is received when I use the link in the first post. When I click on the Memberships tab, I can get to the order page just fine. But, now I don't have a jpeg of my vin with me. I'll join in Feb unless you can hook me up and waive the vin verification for me. Confirmation of purchase can be made if you talk to Nick at Mclaren NB.

- 2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
- 2016 Ram Laramie Longhorn Limited
- 2004 Corvette Z06 24 Hr of Le Mans Collectors Edition

*2 x 650Ss gone but fantastic experiences*

Last edited by spdrcrj; 12-08-2015 at 08:39 PM.
post #6 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcrj View Post
Adam, I just tried to purchase the Charter membership but I received a popup with "Error - Undefined". Not sure if its a page issue or the fact that I'm, literally, on third world internet.

*update* The error is received when I use the link in the first post. When I click on the Memberships tab, I can get to the order page just fine. But, now I don't have a jpeg of my vin with me. I'll join in Feb unless you can hook me up and waive the vin verification for me. Confirmation of purchase can be made if you talk to Nick at Mclaren NB.

If we know who you are, just upload a pic of your car. The vin is for those people who have not been working with us to make the club.

And yes its your internet HAHA. I just tested the site and working when I tested.

Adam

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #7 of 66 Old 12-08-2015, 11:01 PM
InnerCircle

Junior membership says 'under 18' does that apply to people who just think they are under 18? And could I stand for president once I've saved up for Junior membership?
I'm sure I used to be under 18 once...
post #8 of 66 Old 12-09-2015, 12:45 AM
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
If we know who you are, just upload a pic of your car. The vin is for those people who have not been working with us to make the club.

And yes its your internet HAHA. I just tested the site and working when I tested.

Adam
Thanks for the info. I hope you remember me. I am only able to download/upload my Garage pic. But if all is good......joined!!!!

post #9 of 66 Old 12-09-2015, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I hope you remember me. I am only able to download/upload my Garage pic. But if all is good......joined!!!!
Yup that will work. We can true up vin later as will need that for discounts to vendors and dealers.

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #10 of 66 Old 12-09-2015, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Junior membership says 'under 18' does that apply to people who just think they are under 18? And could I stand for president once I've saved up for Junior membership?
I'm sure I used to be under 18 once...
HAHA I think we are all 18 at heart. As you are not a owner you can apply for an associate membership which gives you club info and access to club events.

Sorry only owners can hold office.

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #11 of 66 Old 12-17-2015, 02:04 PM
nh4

Garage
==================
The below is an e-mail which was sent out to folks that have expressed interest in the McLaren Owners Club. If anyone that has reached out to us did not get this via e-mail, please let me know. Everyone was on BCC and sometimes that can cause issues with certain mail programs / services.

For those that we have not talked to, we would still very much appreciate your help in expressing your support for these efforts to your dealers. We have reached out to all the North American and UK dealers. We have also reached out to a few others around the world.

Any help in drawing attention and providing support to our efforts would be greatly appreciated!
==================

Hello Everyone,

As we are continuing to build the McLaren Owners Club we are at a point where we would like to ask for your help. We would like to ask that you send an e-mail to your dealer conveying your interest in the McLaren Owners Club and in asking your dealer to support our efforts.

The reason for this ask is to both get awareness out and to let the dealers know they have customers pushing for this to move forward and be successful. We've provided a simple form e-mail below if you would rather copy / paste it to your dealer rather than writing something from scratch.

When sending the mail, please CC [email protected]

---

Dear (Dealer Contact),

I am writing to ask that you please support the efforts to form a national and global McLaren Owners Club. If you have not received e-mails on this effort, please reach out to '[email protected]'. As a McLaren owner and supporter of the brand I would very much like to see you and McLaren Automotive supporting the work being done to build out a world class Owners Club.

Thank You,

(Name)

---

Thank you all for your help and support!

- Jamie / Adam / Nick.

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ― Jack Kerouac
post #12 of 66 Old 12-17-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
We have had 20 member join in our first 2 weeks of member drive. That is not bad at all so lets keep this train rolling and remember to sign up to be a member of the club.

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #13 of 66 Old 12-18-2015, 03:22 AM
Owner

Garage
Hi Adam,

I signed up about 10 days ago but the paypal has not processed through my account yet. Is there a lead time for this to process?

I tried to delete this post but it wont let me. :-/ Disregard as I received an email update.

Last edited by spdrcrj; 12-18-2015 at 03:37 AM.
post #14 of 66 Old 12-18-2015, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Hi Adam,

I signed up about 10 days ago but the paypal has not processed through my account yet. Is there a lead time for this to process?

I tried to delete this post but it wont let me. :-/ Disregard as I received an email update.
No I just did it. Seems paypal does not "auto process". need to call them and ask whats up. New feature I guess.

Drive organizer
McLaren database of cars
post #15 of 66 Old 01-12-2016, 11:46 AM
nh4

Garage
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update on how we are progressing... We have reached out to many of the US and UK dealers. We have received great feedback from a few of the dealers. For those that are still on the fence, please do contact Adam ( @m3dragon ), Nick ( @nicklinacre17 ), or Jamie ( @nh4 ) and we will get you added to our e-mail list. Though we will be posting updates to McLarenLife, the conversations, planning, and initial details will be kept off the public forum until they are agreed upon by all parties (Members, Dealers, Aftermarket Companies, etc.).

We will be sending out an update in the next week or so and would appreciate getting more voices involved in the discussion and also more help in pulling everything together.

Thanks,

-Jamie.

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion. ― Jack Kerouac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in