random annoyances - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

random annoyances

so I have driven the car for a whole 60miles and there are a few things that bother me, can you guys tell me if these are normal?

* when its cold out(at night) the instrument cluster cover rattles like crazy. I assume it needs clips replaced?
* creak coming from the driver side door or same area around the dash... or the vent area? mostly when going over bumps
* when backing up and turning the wheel to full lock there are thuds as though the tire was hopping across pavement. Is this normal for this car?
* Steering feels great when driving, but a bit heavy when at slow speeds (under 5mph), I want to say the car I drove at the dealer had a lighter/more comfortable steering feel to it. Is this anything to be concerned about? I believe I read somewhere that PS pump failures can lead to damage to steering rack and the suspension... (probably being paranoid)

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 02:28 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

The instrument cluster rattle is something the dealership can fix in a few minutes. If I remember correctly they just drop a bit of foam padding into the spot that rubs. The creaking noise sounds unusual... the wheel thudding over slow speed turns is a normal thing based on suspension geometry, so nothing to worry about. Not sure about the steering issue. Get some miles on it and I suspect you'll learn to love it pretty quickly...
post #3 of 3 Old 05-16-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
The instrument cluster rattle is something the dealership can fix in a few minutes. If I remember correctly they just drop a bit of foam padding into the spot that rubs. The creaking noise sounds unusual... the wheel thudding over slow speed turns is a normal thing based on suspension geometry, so nothing to worry about. Not sure about the steering issue. Get some miles on it and I suspect you'll learn to love it pretty quickly...
thanks, I do love the car, just being picky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in