Group BUY: Electronic Service Manual 12c - McLaren Life
 5Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 04-27-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Group BUY: Electronic Service Manual 12c

I am a new forum sponsor XPRD!!
I want to introduce myself. Most of you know that I have been a long standing member (MP4Dream) who has helped many on this forum behind the scenes.
My intention is to bring a manual to the masses/enthusiast DIY type of owners. I will support updates to this manual as I can, in the future. I will honor that as long as this manual is not freely distributed, as if it is a public library. If I find this occuring, then I can not support at any point, thereafter.
I know that this is fairly inevitable, so I am offering a group buy instead of selling one at a time. The buy will be open until at least 40 members sign up. The sooner I fill up, the faster the manuals will be distributed within 24 hours. I plan to offer the manual piece by piece at a higher cost, if the group buy goes through. If it does not reach the quota, then I will not sell the manual pubicly.

I do not yet know if I can advertise prices on the forum, even as a sponsor. I will check on that. I am starting a sign up list, here, as the manual is mainly for the 12c. There is a lot of content for the 650/625 and some for the 570. Very little is about the P1. As a gesture of good faith, if I can get information, I will continue to update for the paying members.

Please, if someone asks, tell he/she to buy there own manual. This will help me support he community as long as I can. I have a myriad of other performance products that I will present to the community. Everything from aero to built motors to suspension upgrades. If it relates to performance, then I offer it at a great price to a level unmatched by any other company. That is my promise. I even can supply your local independent shop with all the McLaren tools to work on your motor. I made them from working on my built motor project. Any factory tech will instantly recognize the quality of my tools, many are superior to McLaren's. McLaren wont even sell them to you if you ask. I can also supply OEM parts, used excellent condition parts, etc.... Trust me. I can offer aggressive pricing and delivery. I will make a near complete list in this forum, soon. For those of you who frequent only certain forums, try to search New Posts daily along the top and you will pick up all my threads.

Welcome to a new age of parts and innovation. Every customer should be happy with my home grown, engineered mastery for McLaren Life. If we have dealt before or I have helped you out, please post a review.

Pricing for the group buy is 625.00. I will supply another member that I trust with a manual for a review to post here. If I know you well, then PM me.

Group Buy List:
1. ima2nr
2. Peterson
3. scottch
4. Dadman
5. Zachary
6. AWH
7. JBroux
8. nielsll
9. Medin
10. hesperus
11.anonymous member 1
12. nielsll
13. Sandman
14. JimB
15. compshop
16. Charlie27

etc... will update as I go.

Last edited by XPRD; 05-16-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: List update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 04-27-2017, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

This manual is 1650 plus pages of excellent content. It has been reviewed already and I will distribute it to another member for another review.

Here are the first 2 reviews?

I would like to comment on the Electronic Manual that MP4Dream has put together. He has gathered much of the information needed to repair and maintain your McLaren. The manual even has the electric schematics for many parts of the car. I have another manual but this is by far much more complete with pictures and explanations, torque specs and explanations on the steps and order for completing many of the tasks that you want to do on the car yourself and even some many people will probably not be able to take on themselves. I saved it as a PDF and was going to print it but its about 1650 pages so its very complete.

This is a picture of my McLaren

Thank you, Medin

and

https://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mc...-mp4dream.html

XPRD
Precision Engineering

Last edited by XPRD; 04-28-2017 at 03:20 AM.
post #3 of 69 Old 04-28-2017, 11:41 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Welcome to the board as a sponsor! I'm interested to see what you can offer for the 12C since aftermarket support has been extremely limited so far.

I can vouch for XPRD (aka MP4Dream), approx 2 months ago I needed a replacement battery for my 12C and he was able to help me source one quickly and for a reasonable price. He even stood behind it with a warranty, which blew my mind! Thanks for that!

If you missed my battery adventures, check it out on this thread:
https://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mc...ry-repair.html

and YES, having a pictorial manual as a guide makes it much easier to tackle new issues on the McLaren P11, so I highly recommend picking up a Manuel if you want to save some $$$ and DIY a few of your projects...

- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Graphite Gray (his)
- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Brilliant White (hers)
- 2016 Tesla P85d w/Insane Mode

post #4 of 69 Old 04-29-2017, 12:02 PM
AWH

PM sent.
post #5 of 69 Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 AM

Garage
Can you post some sample screen shots? Maybe the Table of contents to see what is included? Would love to look at a sample if you can share.
post #6 of 69 Old 04-30-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
Can you post some sample screen shots? Maybe the Table of contents to see what is included? Would love to look at a sample if you can share.
Here it is.
Attached Images

hesperus likes this.
post #7 of 69 Old 05-02-2017, 04:00 PM

Count me in please! I assume I can pay via PayPal?
post #8 of 69 Old 05-07-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor
Sponsor

Getting there. List is updated!
post #9 of 69 Old 08-16-2017, 11:56 AM

Help

I just bought a 2014 12C and am in need of a service manual. I am Jerry Niernberger and live in Wichita Ks. I have a good mechanic and he tells me working on this beast would be easier with a service manual. Could you please PM me.
post #10 of 69 Old 09-12-2017, 11:47 PM

Please put me on the list.
post #11 of 69 Old 09-16-2017, 05:07 PM
InnerCircle

comment:
McLaren tried to download the 650s manual to my IRIS II but for some unknown reason, even though the IRIS II is the same according to McLaren Service (they even replaced my IRIS II with one for 650s) the manual would not open on my MP4. have you figured out why and will your manual download and open on MP4 and, since I would not need information on other McLaren models can those be eliminated to prevent confusion or take up additional space.
post #12 of 69 Old 10-02-2017, 10:46 AM

Garage
please can you put me on the list
post #13 of 69 Old 11-05-2017, 02:42 PM
InnerCircle

Garage
Add me to your list of group buyers . Would like other options for OEM parts for the 12C. marshgator
post #14 of 69 Old 12-04-2017, 07:51 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Garage
Do these also apply to the 650S? It seems from a search on this forum that the manuals are mentioned interchangeably.
If so, I am interested in the GB as well.
post #15 of 69 Old 12-05-2017, 12:55 AM

I am in....please add me to your list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in