Mp4-12c hs - Page 2 - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 PM
Owner

I can't say that I would do any of this but I must say that I appreciate the individuality. I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve but certainly a bit more simple than these. It would be great to hear from other owners with customization and see some pics.

Spider Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 04:44 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoney View Post
I figured it out, HS stands for Holy Sh!t thats badass.
I was thinking "Hot Sh!t"

The only thing I would have done differently was to add the Stealth Pkg.

I'll try to get some more information on these in a few days.

>8^)
ER
post #18 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Owner

I think no stealth pack because the exhaust finishers appear to be polished, rather than the standard alloy finish? Perhaps should have also polished the Air Brake struts to complete the look. Not a bad idea, as it matches the diamond cut finish on the wheels.

Agree the whole design is somewhat half-baked without a big carbon rear wing in place of the Air Brake.

The only part of it that has me really interested is the front treatment. Would love if somebody could photoshop just the front bumper section onto a standard car. That said, I wouldn't make any move without asking McLaren to reveal what change in performance, if any, that would have. The inclusion of the non-functional louvers above the front tires suggest to me that none of these parts improve performance or cooling, which would be a shame. I could live with identical performance, but a decrease would just seem silly for the sake of cosmetic modification.

Very cool nonetheless.

post #19 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Perhaps said photoshop expert could also try colouring the various vanes in the new front splitter in body colour or contrast colours, etc. Much obliged!
post #20 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
Owner

I'm pretty sure the front wing louvres are functional. They look like the same ones I saw on the MSO car at Birmingham in December - they are definitely functional. (I recall checking and there was a mesh between the vent and the wheel)
post #21 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLVantageV12 View Post
I'm pretty sure the front wing louvres are functional. They look like the same ones I saw on the MSO car at Birmingham in December - they are definitely functional. (I recall checking and there was a mesh between the vent and the wheel)
Oh! That contradicts somebody else that posted that the opening was sealed. Would love to know what effect on air extraction/downforce, or cooling. Surely somebody in the UK can find out?
post #22 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Garage
I'm just surprised they've gotten away with such drastic changes to the front bodywork without having to re-crash the car. Or did they...?

Definitely a question I'll be trying for an answer on.

>8^)
ER
post #23 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
I'm just surprised they've gotten away with such drastic changes to the front bodywork without having to re-crash the car. Or did they...?

Definitely a question I'll be trying for an answer on.

>8^)
ER
I would think the crash structure would be exactly the same,its just a cosmetic front panel replacement,just like you can get from gemballa or Ruf for porsche,surely its how it would effect the aero thats important???

The (675) "Beast"
post #24 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMLVantageV12 View Post
Yes ,i did the same the day after you,and it looked like a full wheel arch liner,maybe i missed the mesh? need to check it again,i wonder where the MSO car is now???

The (675) "Beast"
post #25 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
I would think the crash structure would be exactly the same,its just a cosmetic front panel replacement,just like you can get from gemballa or Ruf for porsche,surely its how it would effect the aero thats important???
No doubt that what is under the skin is unchanged, but I know with certainty that other cars that have been reskinned at the nose for a model refresh without alteration to the crash structure beneath have had to go back into the barriers. Our government is funny like that.

>8^)
ER
post #26 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 06:15 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Garage
The user jpmc at TeamSpeed.com spotted the pair at a gas station near the dealer and snapped these pics:

Really liking that front end treatment!

>8^)
ER
post #27 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Owner

Is it just me, or does the MO car appear lowered? It might just be an optical illusion from the diamond cut wheels... which look humongous in that finish.
post #28 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Owner

Garage
just one question :

how much ?

and

what it does to the car (drag for eg)
post #29 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Garage
A user on TeamSpeed.com had this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRDLUX
I asked about these types of special requests when I ordered my car. The front and rear bumper covers are around 30K each, the front fenders with the vents are 20K. None are functional according to McLaren. Some of these HS cars were 500K, based on bespoke cosmetic additions.
If money is not an issue, then the sky's the limit!
>8^)
ER
post #30 of 96 Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Owner

Garage
glups....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in