Other moron drivers when driving an exotic - McLaren Life
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By New Britain
  • 1 Post By Ingenere

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Owner

Other moron drivers when driving an exotic

Anyone else ever have and near miss major accidents due to other stupid driver trying to check out your car etc...

Just about got killed on the interstate on the way to Kansas City less then 5 miles from home and 1 mile into the drive on the interstate some fuck boy was coming in hot trying to get next to us and he didn't see the pickup that was going slow in that right hand lane almost rear-ended it both driver and passenger were looking straight at us. No one paying attention to road ahead
I wish i had a rear dash cam.

He had to swerve towards us I had to hit the shoulder or he was gonna hit our back quarter panel and he spun out and did a 720 across both lanes of traffic and there was traffic right behind him good thing we didn't die or total out the car already this morning I am surprised he didn't roll the car or get T-boned by the traffic behind him fucking ridiculous.

With how many cars on the road i am surprise no one tboned him sideways when he spun.

We had some other close incidents as well on the way down here so I've never been happier to get out of the car with crazy drivrts today too.

Everyone be safe out there. Can deffinately be frustrating with how stupid other drivers act around exotic cars sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 05:45 AM
Owner

Around here, it's morons just being morons behind the wheel, not looking when changing lanes, etc. Too many exotics on the roads all the time for anyone to take special notice, but you really have to be alert not to run afoul of some idiot texting or speeding in a barely controlled shitbox.
post #3 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 06:28 AM

Between the Uber’s/Lyft guys stopping in the middle of roads.

Bicycle folks who pretend they are cars

It’s impossible to drive in the city.

For freeway those guys make it tough. Also cell phone people who don’t notice a curve coming and drive straight into another lane.

post #4 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 10:36 AM
AWH

I get it a lot...people zooming up and then pointing a camera/phone out the side window..not looking ahead...start wandering over my way. Get revved on tons of times, even when the car is on the trailer behind my motorhome. People trying to get me to race them, etc.

Glad you didn't die.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 12:14 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstkill View Post
Bicycle folks who pretend they are cars
As opposed to driving folks who pretend they own the roads?

As I was cycling just the other day, a jerk in a Merc intentionally tried to drive me off the road. When I shouted at him, "What do you think you're doing?", he shouted back, "You should be cycling on the pavement (sidewalk in the US)!"
(Nb: in this country it is illegal to cycle on the pavement.)
cmccarter and rnixon like this.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWH View Post
I get it a lot...people zooming up and then pointing a camera/phone out the side window..not looking ahead...start wandering over my way. Get revved on tons of times, even when the car is on the trailer behind my motorhome. People trying to get me to race them, etc.

Glad you didn't die.
Yeah it was a damn scary experience especially if he would have hit the truck i keep thinking the truck would have veered our way and tboned into my wifes door you just never know.

I can only imagine the west coast guys traffic problems lucky here in the midwest
post #7 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 03:15 PM
Owner

Well you want the fancy car that looks like a spaceship and has crazy doors that go up like a gull's wings. Shite, maybe he thought he was seeing the rare McLaren F1.

Just kidding, that sounds like it was scary. Still, we have to shoulder some of the blame.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 04:32 PM
Owner

Well in South Florida i can write a whole page about moron drivers. But most of their moronic behaviors are things they do no matter what i’m driving.

When i’m in the McLaren, it’s definitely people who pull up alongside, downshift and rev the heck out of their motors. It’s always a sport bike rider or a car that looks more or less stock, except for a large muffler tip. I always wonder, how am i supposed to react to that? Are you baiting me into a street race? Because that will never happen - i have too much to lose and nothing to prove. Do you want me to appreciate how cool your car sounds? The problem is, it’s never actually a nice sounding car doing the revving. With the exception of one yellow E90 M3 with a straight-piped exhaust who revved on me on I-95 - - i have to admit that sounded pretty good.

Last edited by evil panda; 05-25-2019 at 04:35 PM.
post #9 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 06:08 PM

At least it was a Merc. In Washington State I got run off the road while cycling by a good ‘ol boy in pickup with a shot gun rack. That was years ago tho. Now everyone rides bikes there.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-25-2019, 11:08 PM
2012 MP4-12C
Owner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottch View Post
At least it was a Merc. In Washington State I got run off the road while cycling by a good Ďol boy in pickup with a shot gun rack. That was years ago tho. Now everyone rides bikes there.
Yea it's bat crazy how anti bicycle some folks are. I've seen it too. I don't get the crazy irrationality of it. I've even seen jerks do it to kids. In those moments I totally get road rage.
post #11 of 14 Old 05-27-2019, 04:30 AM
Owner

Garage
Where I live I have never had the Macca out and not been photographed. At gas stations, I have never gotten gas without talking to 3-5 people, taking pictures, etc.

I tend to drive a bit briskly..... 10-15 mph faster than the traffic, so very few are catching for pictures, but I always catch cameras coming out of the side windows and generally anticipate that they have the potential to drift, but because I am never around them for very long, their opportunity to screw up is minimal. I don't get too many racing challengers.

Don't get me started on cycling. I am (was) a triathlete. I have been run off the road multiple time, by giant SUVs, econoboxes and even a school bus. The life changer came in Mexico at a race where I was hit by a car during the bike portion and suffered some nerve damage that has thus far ended my triathlon career and changed my life.

Stay safe out there.

Dino

Ferrari F40, Challenge Stradale, TR, 348, Mondial, 308
March/Cosworth 88C
McLaren 570 S 'Track Pack'
post #12 of 14 Old 05-27-2019, 05:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil panda View Post
Well in South Florida i can write a whole page about moron drivers. But most of their moronic behaviors are things they do no matter what iím driving.

When iím in the McLaren, itís definitely people who pull up alongside, downshift and rev the heck out of their motors. Itís always a sport bike rider or a car that looks more or less stock, except for a large muffler tip. I always wonder, how am i supposed to react to that? Are you baiting me into a street race? Because that will never happen - i have too much to lose and nothing to prove. Do you want me to appreciate how cool your car sounds? The problem is, itís never actually a nice sounding car doing the revving. With the exception of one yellow E90 M3 with a straight-piped exhaust who revved on me on I-95 - - i have to admit that sounded pretty good.
HAHAHA I live in South Florida as well and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about LMAO. I literally describe it the exact same way. Fart cans is what I call them. They sound like a whoopie cushion going down the road. They usually spend more on wheels and the fart box exhaust than the car is even worth...and 99% sound absolutely terrible. I cannot figure out what appeals to those people about that sound. I never understood it.

YouTube Channel: 305 FastLane
Instagram: 305FastLane
post #13 of 14 Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM
Owner

Garage
Speaking of stupid human tricks and McLarens...

The Macca attracts a fair amount of attention wherever I go, but it kind of goes with the territory. I was at a traffic light, waiting for the green and I notice an Expedition behind me with 4 middle aged women looking, pointing and of course the cell phone cameras are out.

The light changes and I take off at a brisk (not absurd) pace, but I notice that the Ford's grill is filling my rear view. Rather than get tailgated, I drop a couple of gears and mash the loud pedal! The Macca is a 6 sec to 100 car, so in a blink I'm gone, but I can see that they are making an effort at keeping up. This road has a right/left kink before the next light and I just apex the 2 corners and start slowing for the red light.

I look in my mirror only to see said Expedition losing control through the 'S' turn. She doesn't quite gather it up and is in a lurid, smokey, sideways slide. I am in the left lane and the Expedition slides past in the right, jumps the curb and comes to a dusty rest in a dirt parking lot. I am sure those ladies used up their Depends allotment for the month that day!

A kid in a Mazda 3 pulls up next to me and looks over and says, "Did you see that"? "What were they thinking trying to race a McLaren"? "Most ridiculous thing I've ever seen"! That about sums it up.
Scalpel likes this.

Dino

Ferrari F40, Challenge Stradale, TR, 348, Mondial, 308
March/Cosworth 88C
McLaren 570 S 'Track Pack'
post #14 of 14 Old Today, 12:50 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Roth View Post
HAHAHA I live in South Florida as well and I know EXACTLY what you're talking about LMAO. I literally describe it the exact same way. Fart cans is what I call them. They sound like a whoopie cushion going down the road. They usually spend more on wheels and the fart box exhaust than the car is even worth...and 99% sound absolutely terrible. I cannot figure out what appeals to those people about that sound. I never understood it.
I call them Foons, for the sort of sound the aftermarket exhaust makes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in