McLaren SF Bay Area Get-Together? - McLaren Life
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-24-2019, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
2016 650S Spider

McLaren SF Bay Area Get-Together?

Hi SF Bay Area Owners!

Last year I had thought of organizing a McLaren (and other exotics) drive/rally and post-drive get-together, but life got in the way and I ended up moving out of state (to Port Townsend, WA ... not many McLarens here!). But I still visit the Bay Area often, and so I am trying again.

Specifically, I'm thinking of Saturday June 22, beginning with a group drive (route TBD) and ending at The Club at Westpoint, where I am a founding member (https://theclubatwestpoint.com). They would host us for drinks and buffet-style food, and possibly some entertainment. Some overnight accommodation on yachts is available for those who would like to stay over. This is a great venue on the water in Redwood City, at SF Bay's newest marina. It offers reasonable privacy and the possibility of segregated parking. This should be a great social get-together and an opportunity for owners to meet each other and talk cars, etc. Those who wished could just attend the post-drive get-together.

Not to get into too many details at this point, but I'm looking for expressions of interest, to see if there would be enough potential participants to make this worthwhile. I'm also looking for a co-organizer who lives in the Bay Area, to help with setting this up, especially organizing the drive itself. I would focus on organizing the event at the Club.

We have a choice of having the Club event as a lunch or dinner meal, with the preceding drive in the morning/around mid-day, or in the afternoon. I'd been interested in hearing thoughts on the timing. My preference is for the afternoon drive / dinner event, but I'm open to suggestions.

I'll be attending the McLaren SF event at Sonoma on May 4th, which would be an opportunity to talk details with potential participants / co-organizers.

Last edited by echidna; 04-25-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-25-2019, 01:14 AM
570S Silica White

I'm interested. Look me up on May 4, I'd like to say hello.
post #3 of 23 Old 04-25-2019, 06:25 AM

I would be interested as well! I won't be at the May 4 event but I'm signed up for the SF McLaren June 3rd event at Laguna Seca. June 22 is open at this point and I'd be happy to help, but I'll be out of town during much of May.

post #4 of 23 Old 04-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Owner

We did it once a few years ago and the general manager at Mclaren SF generously offered a get together point and breakfast for everyone.
Gary(SF) likes this.
post #5 of 23 Old 04-25-2019, 06:51 PM
570S Silica White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran View Post
We did it once a few years ago and the general manager at Mclaren SF generously offered a get together point and breakfast for everyone.
That's a great idea, the location is perfect as a launch point for a drive to the coast.
post #6 of 23 Old 04-25-2019, 07:01 PM
ob4

Count me in for 6/22.
post #7 of 23 Old 04-26-2019, 12:03 AM

I'm interested as well. Signed up for the June 3rd Seca day, but didn't know about May 4th.

Anyone know if there's any space still left for May 4 at Sonoma???
post #8 of 23 Old 04-26-2019, 12:10 AM

Id be in as well. Would be great to catch up - long time no speak!!
post #9 of 23 Old 04-26-2019, 04:23 AM
InnerCircle
Owner

Ahhh, out of all the dates, that’s the date I’m in LA for a family event... 😞
post #10 of 23 Old 04-26-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary(SF) View Post
That's a great idea, the location is perfect as a launch point for a drive to the coast.
Not enough parking. That's the main reason why they don't hold any events/meeting points at the dealership (anymore).

Events, drives, cars and coffee type stuff has moved to Los Gatos Luxury Cars. I believe they have one this week-end.
post #11 of 23 Old 04-26-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Snodgrass View Post
I'm interested as well. Signed up for the June 3rd Seca day, but didn't know about May 4th.

Anyone know if there's any space still left for May 4 at Sonoma???
Mclaren Sf/Los Gatos Lambo have two total run groups. The organizer is Track Masters. If the mclaren sf group is sold out then you can probably still sign up for the Track Masters run group. (you get the privilege of paying $250 more to track with the mac sf run group).

https://trackmasters-racing.com/inde...68TrackMasters Detailed Event Calendar

UPCOMING EVENTS
Track Event Date Day of Week Description
Sonoma/Sears Point Sonoma Raceway Event - May 4th May 4 2019 Saturday Sonoma Raceway Event (Saturday) - Day 1 of 2
Sears Point Autocross Sonoma Autocross Event 1 May 4 2019 Saturday TMR Sonoma Autocross #1 of 2019 Season
Sonoma/Sears Point McLaren of SF Private Run Session - May 4 May 4 2019 Saturday Private Run Session at Sonoma Raceway for McLaren, Lamborghini and Aston Martin ONLY!!
Sears Pt. Garage Space Sonoma Garage Bay - Saturday, May 4th May 4 2019 Saturday Saturday, May 4th Only Garage Bay at Sonoma
Sears Pt. Garage Space Sonoma Garage Bay - Sunday, May 5th May 5 2019 Sunday Sunday May 5th Only Garage Bay at Sonoma
Sonoma/Sears Point Sonoma Raceway Event - May 5th May 5 2019 Sunday Sonoma Raceway Event (Sunday) - Day 2 of 2
post #12 of 23 Old 04-26-2019, 10:55 PM
570S Silica White

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmac View Post
Not enough parking. That's the main reason why they don't hold any events/meeting points at the dealership (anymore).

Events, drives, cars and coffee type stuff has moved to Los Gatos Luxury Cars. I believe they have one this week-end.
Yeah I'm going to attend tomorrow's event. Will I see you there?

Benoit of 100|OCT used MacSF as a jumping off point for one of his Saturday drives a few months, and they had coffee/pastries/juice in the dealership, so it can be done if they want to. OTOH it's quite possible, even likely, that Benoit paid them for the use of the facility, since he does charge for these drives.
post #13 of 23 Old 05-02-2019, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
2016 650S Spider

IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF EVENT DATE

First the good news: it looks like there is enough interest for the Club to support this event.

Unfortunately, the date of 6-22 which I was originally given turns out to have a conflict (a major yacht race weekend someone forgot about ).

The new date for the event is Saturday 6-29-19

I hope those who originally expressed interest will still be able to attend on the new date, and that some who could not attend 6-22 will be able to attend 6-29.

Please reply if you are still interested with the new date.

As previously mentioned, I will be at the McLaren Sonoma Event this Saturday 5-4-19, and hope to talk to some of you there. More details will be posted in due course.
post #14 of 23 Old 05-03-2019, 10:49 PM

In for 6/29.

Im not driving at Sears tomorrow, but I may stop by to check it out. Registered for the 6/3 Seca day.
post #15 of 23 Old 05-05-2019, 07:25 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

I should be in for the 6/29 date.

Thanks!

Z.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in