No communication from Dealer, who do I contact? - McLaren Life
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 04-16-2019, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

No communication from Dealer, who do I contact?

If I have a dealer who seems unwilling to provide any service updates on my car, what's the most effective way to communicate this up the chain? Unreal that the original dealership I purchased from was awful on the back half of the process (post deposit) and now the dealership near me is just unresponsive. I've never had situations like this with my regular chrysler/jeep/dodge products. West coast or East coast, doesn't seem to matter. My 720s is sitting with a cracked windshield and an awful buzzing noise over 55mph on the driver side. I have no clue what's going on with either. This on a 720s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 04-16-2019, 01:04 PM

Might help to let people know where you are (state). Who the dealers you have tried are.
post #3 of 34 Old 04-16-2019, 01:22 PM
Owner

Call out the original dealer in the dealer your cars at maybe someone here can help out if they have a contact there.

One thing about the whole McLaren service hierarchy is at the dealerships are basically babysat by corporate over in Europe and can't make decisions on their own basically everything has to be approved by UK

post #4 of 34 Old 04-16-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieGuy View Post
Might help to let people know where you are (state). Who the dealers you have tried are.
agreed

current cars:
2013 12c 1000whp goal
2018 glc63 amg
1994 toyota soarer 1200whp
2014 audi r8
secret level 6 armored car

past cars:
2016 bmw i8
1998 RHD supra
2015 m4
2018 m3
2008 m3
2004 twin turbo gallardo
2013 gallardo 50th anniversary
2013 GTR
post #5 of 34 Old 04-17-2019, 01:11 AM

I've found McLaren to have among the worst customer service on the planet (close to cable companies and ATT). They make terrific cars, but when they break, their after-market service just totally sucks. A few years ago I thought it's because they are so new at making consumer products, but that excuse is wearing thin as time wears on. I've got a Ferrari as well and their customer service is superb. I just cannot understand why McLaren can't get this very basic thing right.
markj and aafx like this.
post #6 of 34 Old 04-17-2019, 02:45 AM

Wow, that is tough to hear... Definitely may impact my purchase. I have a hard time with Ferrari's lack of general innovation though and they still act like they are doing u a huge favor selling u a cargo. I'm still down for the f8, glad I didn't pull my spot.
post #7 of 34 Old 04-17-2019, 03:00 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocha View Post
I've found McLaren to have among the worst customer service on the planet (close to cable companies and ATT). They make terrific cars, but when they break, their after-market service just totally sucks. A few years ago I thought it's because they are so new at making consumer products, but that excuse is wearing thin as time wears on. I've got a Ferrari as well and their customer service is superb. I just cannot understand why McLaren can't get this very basic thing right.
Yeah you can only use the excuse we are a new brand for so long for customer service fails
Bob_D and aafx like this.
post #8 of 34 Old 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

I’d like to have my car back before outing a dealer. The original dealership I dealt with was Scottsdale. Jared was fine at the start of the deal. There were some mistakes I overlooked, such as charging me for 6k in stitching I had quoted, but told them I didn’t want. No apologies, just on the invoice, I had a problem day 1 of getting the car. No way the dealer properly tested the vehicle. The buzzing noise is louder than the exhaust at 60mph. I would go weeks without response. I had a 720s convertible I was going to order as well, but backed off the dealer entirely. At the very end they tried to act like they were helping me with problems, but it was beyond fixing the relationship at that point.

I love the car, but if I have another customer service issue after this, I’m dumping the Car. Too many options out there.
post #9 of 34 Old 04-17-2019, 05:00 PM

NOT my experience at all. My selling dealership Miller Motorcars was EXCELLENT. I have dealt with both McLaren Atlanta and McLaren Charlotte and they were both excellent. Since McCharlotte is closer I deal with them now. They pick up the car, do pre-track inspections and post track inspections. Great service. Sorry about your experience.
post #10 of 34 Old 04-18-2019, 01:45 AM

My dealership experience with the McLaren dealers were not good. Took several attempts or visits to fix rattles on my 675LT. IM 3-4 hours away from the nearest McLaren dealer. They kept telling me "its a street legal racecar and will have rattles". Ultimately had to do my own research and fix it myself. A clip on the rear wheel fell of and wanted a replacement from the dealer but not available for just a clip but wanted to sell me an entire inner wheel liner with clip.I had to go all the way up to McLaren HQ in UK and emailed the vice president for customer relations who then sent me a few clips. All in all i got tired of it and got rid of my 675LT.
Try calling the West Coast manager or rep for after sales issues or go directly to McLaren HQ in UK. Good luck to you and your mclaren. I am happy with my GT2Rs and the customer service that comes with it.
post #11 of 34 Old 04-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Yikes, definitely scaring me a bit here.
post #12 of 34 Old 04-21-2019, 01:56 AM

Worse on planet pretty strong statement, yes? Worse than Comcast? No such thing exist. Agreed that the after-sales support and strength has not progressed to stay inline with the sales side of the product. Some changes were made in the NA region end of last year in hopes of improving/achieving the level of service support that expected with a product like McLaren.
post #13 of 34 Old 04-21-2019, 04:36 AM
Owner

Garage
After being disrespected, taken advantage of, lied to and abused by Ferrari dealers for 30 years, my McLaren experience has been brilliant.

I bought my car through McLaren Houston. The experience was perfect from beginning to end. McLaren Scottsdale has handled any issues in a timely and efficient manner (fortunately there really haven't been problems). When I have needed parts, they have gotten them within a few days.

My experience is Ferrari acts like they are doing you a favor and McLaren wants to step and do you a solid.
Scalpel, kovalser and Bob_D like this.

Dino

Ferrari F40, Challenge Stradale, TR, 348, Mondial, 308
March/Cosworth 88C
McLaren 570 S 'Track Pack'
post #14 of 34 Old 04-21-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Just got a call my car was done. Hopefully everything is back to normal.
post #15 of 34 Old 04-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Spec 570 Spider soon

Great to hear, 1fast400! I hope all your problems are in the rear-view mirror from this point forward! Share a pic?

An adage from the misspent youth of my skydiving days: "Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast..."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in