McLaren, what I would like from you is.... - Page 9 - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #121 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 03:16 PM
McLaren Fanatic

I just don't want McLaren expanding their range like all the other performance car companies such as Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. to accommodate loads of different cars. I think McLaren should offer three main cars, a Sports car, a Grand Tourer and a Super car.

Currently we have two Super cars, the 12C and 650S. With a Sports car (P13), and another Super car on the way (P15). I imagine McLaren will stop production of the 12C permanently within the next two years, as Ferrari will be bringing out their 458 replacement, and the 12C will not be able to compete anymore.

As much as it pains me to say it, as i prefer the 12C to the 650S, I think McLaren should scrap the 12C and make the 650S their main Super car. This way McLaren will be able to compete with Ferrari's latest, at least until McLaren release something new to compete with it. Then if they introduce the P15 as a Grand Tourer with about 700bhp, possibly make it Front Engined (SLR anybody?), then the P13 can slot below all of them as their entry level Sports car.

However, i have a feeling that the P15 will be the 12C's replacement, and will instead rival the 458's replacement instead. It is only logical, as the 458's replacement will come out around 2016.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Mark Antar Design
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFPW3097 View Post
I just don't want McLaren expanding their range like all the other performance car companies such as Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. to accommodate loads of different cars. I think McLaren should offer three main cars, a Sports car, a Grand Tourer and a Super car.

Currently we have two Super cars, the 12C and 650S. With a Sports car (P13), and another Super car on the way (P15). I imagine McLaren will stop production of the 12C permanently within the next two years, as Ferrari will be bringing out their 458 replacement, and the 12C will not be able to compete anymore.

As much as it pains me to say it, as i prefer the 12C to the 650S, I think McLaren should scrap the 12C and make the 650S their main Super car. This way McLaren will be able to compete with Ferrari's latest, at least until McLaren release something new to compete with it. Then if they introduce the P15 as a Grand Tourer with about 700bhp, possibly make it Front Engined (SLR anybody?), then the P13 can slot below all of them as their entry level Sports car.

However, i have a feeling that the P15 will be the 12C's replacement, and will instead rival the 458's replacement instead. It is only logical, as the 458's replacement will come out around 2016.
The 12C wasn't even in production anymore even before they announced the 650S ans I have mentioned it on the forum.

As for a GT model, P13 will fill that gap as there will be more than one version.

For renderings, contact me at: [email protected]
post #123 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFPW3097 View Post

As you don't seem to be an owner yet Jamie,you won't have had the email from McLaren saying they were stopping production of the 12c,this was a couple of months ago and widely announced in the press also

The (675) "Beast"

post #124 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 05:15 PM
McLaren Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy c View Post
As you don't seem to be an owner yet Jamie,you won't have had the email from McLaren saying they were stopping production of the 12c,this was a couple of months ago and widely announced in the press also
Ahh, i thought it was just temporary? Must have got confused along the way! My bad, should probably edit that bit out now.
post #125 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Owner

Quote:
Still waiting for that e-mail here
post #126 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Still waiting for that e-mail here
That's ok Jerry,i will confirm it verbally next week

The (675) "Beast"
post #127 of 132 Old 05-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Owner

Quote:
That's ok Jerry,i will confirm it verbally next week
Indeed, I'm getting rather excited now
post #128 of 132 Old 06-28-2014, 02:12 PM

McLaren needs to recommend a true track tire and size and/ or revise the track mode so the front tires like the corsas do not fail as I have posted in another post. The corsas will only last two track days for drivers who have very good to expert driving skills. I bought the 12c and use it as it was designed for. The trofeo r seem to be the answer but there are space issues in the wheel wells that should be addressed by mclaren
post #129 of 132 Old 08-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Owner

I Love my mp4-12 and feel fortunate to be an owner of such an amazing auto. All I am wanting from McLaren now is to make good on a radio/nav/camera that works and matches the quality of the McLaren and Meridian names (and price we already paid for it). Based on the promises of McLaren and their pursuit to quality I know it will come about though I am feeling it will not come about with software only changes, I feel McLaren and Meridian will have to give us a new unit with a few more bells and whistles to make up for our suffering like a front camera that also records.
post #130 of 132 Old 12-25-2014, 02:03 AM

I'd like to see an AWD hybrid in the $300K range. I'm looking for a performance street car for a Northern climate. I find the Porsche turbo S too boring and desire something reliable with exotic performance.
post #131 of 132 Old 10-29-2015, 08:11 PM

I would like from McLaren within the week an official statement on the production of a 675 LT spider and why they are not standing by their statement of only building coupes.
post #132 of 132 Old 11-24-2018, 08:35 AM

I'm getting over "with" it too. And it's nice to see that the good people from Germany got over it too. Sorry, too good to let it pass.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in