Make the rear view camera available for the 12C at nominal cost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Owner
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyl View Post
So wait, you saying that I have nothing to do with mclaren being here today?! This is getting better and better.. Now the early adopters expect to be treated differently than other customers that bought cars new?!

Can we all slowdown a bit and think before we post?! Clearly no point in starting a war between actual customers now too?!
The point that I am making is that the first adopters of the 12C paid FULL list price, and put their faith in McLaren to deliver the car that they had been promised. We did not get a discount, nor were we afforded the time to see how the car was received by the market. Those who bought after us, not only bought a much improved car (we were the unofficial test pilots and it was our cars that were back and forth with fixes), but also could make a more informative decision regarding depreciation, market perception etc. They even paid less..!!!

So yes, McLaren without us wouldn't be here today in its present guise, and the lessons learnt at our expense, have enabled it to produce better cars (P1 and 650S).

So a goodwill gesture is well over due, especially now that the 650S will destroy the already weak residuals of the 12C.
post #33 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Owner

McLaren, what I would like from you is....

Again. I did not pay less. I know many others that DID NOT paid less. Stop thinking everyone got the car cheaper than you, that's ridiculous!

Edited! Argh.. Stupid me.

Hybrid: '14 McLaren P1 - '15 BMW i8
ICE: '13 McLaren 12C Spider - '13 Ferarri F12 - '14 Audi RS7 - '13 Maserati GranCabrio - '14 AM Vanquish - '14 AM Rapide S - '14 RR Vogue
Electric: '14 Tesla Model S
Track: McLaren 12C GT Sprint

Last edited by ftyl; 02-21-2014 at 06:18 PM.

post #34 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Owner
Owner

Quote:
Again. I did not pay less. I know many others that paid less. Stop thinking everyone got the car cheaper than you, that's ridiculous!
A lot of others did get huge discounts, and more importantly a better made car.

Just think how you would feel if next year they announce a P1S with even more horsepower, improved looks etc...

Last edited by Andrew-A; 02-21-2014 at 05:53 PM.
post #35 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew-A View Post
A lot of others did get huge discounts, and more importantly a better made car.

Just think how you would feel if next year they announce a P1S with even more horsepower, improved looks etc...

That's why early adopters got their tech issues sorted, it's why the nav gets upgraded, it's why everyone got the hp upgrade...

If they decide to release a P1S, I will still like my P1 as much as I will hopefully next week when I finally get it!

Just like I still like my 12C, that I paid full price for. I will change it into a 650S since I wanted to do a few MSO things anyway... And since I get the p1 now it is a good time to upgrade the 12C, do not want to wait for them to restart 12C building in a couple months so am taking a 650S, look will fit my p1 more too. I am just a bit unhappy that I have to take CCBs, since I usually would not...

ICE: '13 McLaren 12C Spider - '13 Ferarri F12 - '14 Audi RS7 - '13 Maserati GranCabrio - '14 AM Vanquish - '14 AM Rapide S - '14 RR Vogue
post #36 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 06:48 PM
Owner

Quote:
That's why early adopters got their tech issues sorted, it's why the nav gets upgraded, it's why everyone got the hp upgrade...

If they decide to release a P1S, I will still like my P1 as much as I will hopefully next week when I finally get it!

Just like I still like my 12C, that I paid full price for. I will change it into a 650S since I wanted to do a few MSO things anyway... And since I get the p1 now it is a good time to upgrade the 12C, do not want to wait for them to restart 12C building in a couple months so am taking a 650S, look will fit my p1 more too. I am just a bit unhappy that I have to take CCBs, since I usually would not...
Excuse me I was an early adopter and the nav is only upgraded if I pay for it, Mclaren previously told me to bear with them and they would fix the nav and all the other things promised, now they will fix some of the issues, but only if i pay for a new system because their first effort was beyond developing . The car was promised to us with a plethora of functions that were never delivered, the later buyers knew what was on offer and chose to buy
post #37 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 View Post
Excuse me I was an early adopter and the nav is only upgraded if I pay for it, Mclaren previously told me to bear with them and they would fix the nav and all the other things promised, now they will fix some of the issues, but only if i pay for a new system because their first effort was beyond developing . The car was promised to us with a plethora of functions that were never delivered, the later buyers knew what was on offer and chose to buy

Ok.. As I said in another thread, I give up..

Clearly the early adopters are more important than anyone else and need to be treated special by mclaren, because they feel entitled.. Have fun continuing this line of thinking..

post #38 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 07:14 PM

What I would like to see from McLaren is for them to be in the Sportscar business two years from now. For those of you wanting any type of financial considerations from McLaren, I highly doubt they're able to do this. They are in the business of selling cars, and with the exception of the P1, that's not happening. My local dealer has SIXTEEN! unsold new and used Macs in stock and has very few prospects for these vehicles .These are cars that are on the ground...I have seen them! I would bet that the financial pressures at Corporate are huge. Even though they supposedly have notable investor backing, this could disappear in no time if cars aren't selling.
What McLaren needs and needs immediately is an individual who knows how to run a car company e.g. Dr. Bez at Aston. Granted they're not rolling in money, but they are staying in business and they were attractive enough to Mercedes to get them to jump on board .i'm sure that I'll get much criticism concerning the financial well-being of McLaren, but unless they find a top-notch leader or a white knight comes along, they'll be history in short order. Remember where you heard it.
post #39 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Owner

Quote:

It would be interesting to poll all P1 depositors and see how many have the same opinion.
post #40 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Owner
Owner

Quote:

OK so what you are saying is that having paid full list for your LIMITED production P1, you will not feel deceived and betrayed if they announce another run of 400 units with more power, better handling etc etc?? Really? I cant understand this rational...

You are trying to defend the indefensible. A promise has been broken, that's what the fuss is all about by the early adopters.

Last edited by Andrew-A; 02-21-2014 at 08:21 PM.
post #41 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Owner

6th.. You are comparing apples and oranges. They are not going to release a p1s in 1 year, they can't. If they upgrade the p1 to more (which seems weird, considering they trimmed this car for 3 years to get it where it is), they will give it to me. Just like they gave you the hp upgrade in the 12c.

Either way, if they decide to release yet another halo car next year, so be it... I am not buying this car because I want to be the coolest kid on the block. I buy it because I like it.

post #42 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 08:23 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew-A View Post
OK so what you are saying is that having paid full list for your LIMITED production P1, you will not feel deceived and betrayed if they announce another run of 400 units with more power, better handling etc etc?? Really? I cant understand this rational...

Uhm.. It is limited. They are not going to add 400 cars.

Is the 12C limited?

You act as if I do not own a 12C! How hard is this to understand!!? I own a 12C, I paid LIST PRICE for it, and I bought it in JULY 2013!!!! Less than 8 months ago!! Am I whining?! No.

So why compare this to a p1 and p1s that will never happen?!

post #43 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Owner
Owner

Quote:
Uhm.. It is limited. They are not going to add 400 cars.

Is the 12C limited?

You act as if I do not own a 12C! How hard is this to understand!!? I own a 12C, I paid LIST PRICE for it, and I bought it in JULY 2013!!!! Less than 8 months ago!! Am I whining?! No.

So why compare this to a p1 and p1s that will never happen?!
How do you know that it wont happen? The P1 is McLaren success story. There is a waiting list already for drop out allocation. Why shouldn't McLaren produce a Spyder version of this car and help its survival? Why not? Why should they only screw the 12C customers?

If they announced a Spyder version of the P1, for not much more that the coupe, do you think that it would not hurt the residual value of your car? of course it will.

If you bought the P1 on the promise that it is limited production, we wont make another..etc etc and then they find a get out clause and do it (12c v 650s) wont you be pissed off? or will you just order the spyder version as well and be grateful that they give you one?

Last edited by Andrew-A; 02-21-2014 at 08:42 PM.
post #44 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Owner

McLaren, what I would like from you is....

Again, the 12c is not a limited production. Thus the 650S is not a get-out-way from anything like you are trying to compare it to.

They have also not fucked anyone, this is your current perception on limited information on what the 650S is and on your opinion how mclaren somehow needs to treat you special. More special than me, and 2000 other customers, I am not sure why you think that.

Also, it is impossible to build a spider version on the p1.

post #45 of 132 Old 02-21-2014, 08:59 PM
Owner

Btw, last time I checked mclaren has always said that they release one new model or variant a year.

They are doing this now with the 650S. You think it is not enough of a variant on the 12C so you are upset. Still, mclaren did what they said they would.

They will do what they said with the p1 too. 375 cars, limited. Of their new halo car. They do not have the capacity to do another halo car, and I am certain that any changes done to the p1 over its production life will be given to everyone. Considering how mclaren also still supports the F1, I have no reason to believe this will be any different in the future.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in