Ohio McLaren owners? - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-21-2017, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Ohio McLaren owners?

Hey guys

I wanted to just introduce myself a little bit and give you a little background before I jump into my question. I am 21 years old, working hard as a software engineer & also having some Internet ventures on the side (none of them are big enough to talk about).
Currently, I drive 2017 C-class Coupe. I've got no rich parents what so ever, I am paying for this car on my own. As you can probably tell, I am not an 'average 21-year-old kid'. I have no college debt. I have no bills to pay (still living w/ my parents).

I couldn't believe the moment I was able to afford Mercedes, and now I'm onto my next dream car - McLaren 570S. I know I'm gonna get there soon. I want to make connections. I want to network. I was wondering if someone in Ohio (I live in Cleveland) is driving a McLaren (kind of unrealistic, but I wanted to give it a shot) and is kind enough to meet the kid and take him for a drive
I just want to get a huge amount of motivation from experiencing this car(never been in any super car)

I hope I can find someone from Ohio who is willing to do this. Thank you guys in advance & have a great day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-21-2017, 07:19 PM

Cleveland pride! moved from cleveland in '07 to florida but i'm there all the time. grew up in solon. what about you?
post #3 of 15 Old 02-22-2017, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyParisi12c View Post
Cleveland pride! moved from cleveland in '07 to florida but i'm there all the time. grew up in solon. what about you?
We just actually moved out from Solon 6 months ago
And I also want to move to either Florida or California (nicer climate/different life/a lot of cars)

post #4 of 15 Old 02-23-2017, 05:04 PM

what neighborhood? i was Sherbrook right next to SOM center road.
post #5 of 15 Old 03-09-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyParisi12c View Post
what neighborhood? i was Sherbrook right next to SOM center road.
SOM Center Road, right next to Solon Library

Seems like noone from Cleveland owns a McLaren, not surprised tho.
post #6 of 15 Old 03-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Owner

Location: Anywhere I can get the smell of spent jet fuel and endless cold smoke!
Garage
In my honest opinion...save your money and buy a house first (move out of your parents place). I'm sure they love you but you need to stand on your own first. The home will likely increase in value - the car will not. Without the risk of sounding like being a jerk - I think you need to get your priorities in order first. Costs to maintain and insure the car are going to be substantial as well.
post #7 of 15 Old 03-09-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17bhub View Post
In my honest opinion...save your money and buy a house first (move out of your parents place). I'm sure they love you but you need to stand on your own first. The home will likely increase in value - the car will not. Without the risk of sounding like being a jerk - I think you need to get your priorities in order first. Costs to maintain and insure the car are going to be substantial as well.
Thank you for your comment

Of course I am planning on moving, and this is my top priority right now (since I also want to move out of Ohio). Most likely I will move out by the end of this year. However, I am not planning on buying a house simply because I am not sure of a place that I want to live in. I am looking for renting some nice apartment with my friend.
Also, when I say I want to buy a car, I don't basically say that 'hey, I want to earn 200k and dump them all into a car) I am planning on earning the money that I can invest, money that I can use towards our house mortgage (so my parents are basically free & can spend monies on their own things), etc.

Anyways, as of today my financial situation is not 'there' yet, so I was just looking for people who share my passion. Not so many car enthusiasts in Cleveland with nice cars.
post #8 of 15 Old 03-10-2017, 12:34 AM

Ohio Ownership and Service

I also planning on being a future Ohio McLaren owner and know of a few McLaren owners in the Dayton area. One potential issue you might consider, and I haven't solved yet, would be how service could be performed when/if needed with the closest dealer I'm aware of being north of Chicago. I also frequent the Cleveland area so perhaps when I join the owners club I'll have the car in the Land every once in a while.
post #9 of 15 Old 03-10-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTLT View Post
I also planning on being a future Ohio McLaren owner and know of a few McLaren owners in the Dayton area. One potential issue you might consider, and I haven't solved yet, would be how service could be performed when/if needed with the closest dealer I'm aware of being north of Chicago. I also frequent the Cleveland area so perhaps when I join the owners club I'll have the car in the Land every once in a while.
I don't think it's possible to have Mac in Cleveland because of this That's why I was saying that I plan on moving. Closest dealer is McLaren Philadelphia
post #10 of 15 Old 03-11-2017, 02:45 AM

I am in Northern VA but my family is from Ohio so I will be driving to Central Ohio a few times during the Summer. 2017 570GT. I am 30, something that you may want to consider is quite a few insurance policies limit the age of additional drivers to 25 or older. I know mine does. not trying to be a dick just throwing out my 2 cents. If you're ever in the Lancaster/columbus area I would certainly take you for spin!

"Ut pallens nusquam"
post #11 of 15 Old 03-11-2017, 03:39 PM

Garage
Goodluck... always good to have goals. You'll get your car in time. As suggested just make sure the car isnt the center of your spending. For cars like this it should really be the cherry you earn after doing everything else. Dont stress your financial situation too much for a car... end of the day is a optional luxury item. Once you have the foundations in place... go for it.
post #12 of 15 Old 03-13-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by @RES View Post
I am in Northern VA but my family is from Ohio so I will be driving to Central Ohio a few times during the Summer. 2017 570GT. I am 30, something that you may want to consider is quite a few insurance policies limit the age of additional drivers to 25 or older. I know mine does. not trying to be a dick just throwing out my 2 cents. If you're ever in the Lancaster/columbus area I would certainly take you for spin!
I figured Insurance might be a tough one... I will find a solution for this And yeah, I am going to Columbus every once in a while, so that would be awesome! How can I contact you? Through PM here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon View Post
Goodluck... always good to have goals. You'll get your car in time. As suggested just make sure the car isnt the center of your spending. For cars like this it should really be the cherry you earn after doing everything else. Dont stress your financial situation too much for a car... end of the day is a optional luxury item. Once you have the foundations in place... go for it.
Thanks, luck is definitely needed...

Also, a little bit off topic, but what would you guys suggest in terms of investments? I have 40-50k that I can 'invest' somewhere. I was thinking of buying some cheap property in poor condition, fixing it (can do it myself & w/ the help of few of my friends who work in that area), and either selling for high / renting out.
post #13 of 15 Old 05-03-2017, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

I work in downtown Cleveland, and I started seeing 570GT parked near Metropolian 9.
Is the owner of this vehicle on here by any chance?
post #14 of 15 Old 05-12-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubikdanon View Post
Hey guys

I wanted to just introduce myself a little bit and give you a little background before I jump into my question. I am 21 years old, working hard as a software engineer & also having some Internet ventures on the side (none of them are big enough to talk about).
Currently, I drive 2017 C-class Coupe. I've got no rich parents what so ever, I am paying for this car on my own. As you can probably tell, I am not an 'average 21-year-old kid'. I have no college debt. I have no bills to pay (still living w/ my parents).

I couldn't believe the moment I was able to afford Mercedes, and now I'm onto my next dream car - McLaren 570S. I know I'm gonna get there soon. I want to make connections. I want to network. I was wondering if someone in Ohio (I live in Cleveland) is driving a McLaren (kind of unrealistic, but I wanted to give it a shot) and is kind enough to meet the kid and take him for a drive
I just want to get a huge amount of motivation from experiencing this car(never been in any super car)

I hope I can find someone from Ohio who is willing to do this. Thank you guys in advance & have a great day
Hi I live in Galena, Ohio. Just a little northeast of Columbus. I have a 2017 570S. If you ever make it to the central Ohio area, I'll give you a drive.
post #15 of 15 Old 05-13-2019, 04:18 PM
Owner

Garage
When I was in your shoes, I lived in the N East and knew I had to get out. Weather was terrible and not a big car culture.

I thought about FL. They have a good tax structure, but it rains all the time. CA is a communist dump, that is overrun with homeless and illegal aliens. The taxes are out of control. Their infrastructure is crumbling and it is extremely business unfriendly. Plus every year, the place floods and burns down. That was out.

I settled on AZ. Good taxes, seldom rains, great roads and a huge car community. It gets a little 'toasty' in the summer, but the mountains (and 70 degrees) are a couple of hours away!

Good luck and keep your sights set on your dreams as that is the only way they come to fruition.
Attached Images

Dino

Ferrari F40, Challenge Stradale, TR, 348, Mondial, 308
March/Cosworth 88C
McLaren 570 S 'Track Pack'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in