Seeing the F1 at the park lane showroom many years ago. Had of course seen pictures in various magazines previously but nothing quite like seeing the car in person as I don't think one really gets a sense of just how well the car is engineered/packaged without seeing it up close.
Me too! I was visiting the UK at the time and stopped in. I think I visited that showroom some several times over a few years just to gawk at it's beauty many times. What an amazing machine! One day I'd love to own one but it seems highly unlikely given how few there are remaining and how incredibly valuable they are now. That ship has likely sailed for me but the P1 is attainable and I hope it turns out to be even half as much of a classic for its time as the F1 is today.
Beyond the heritage and obvious engineering prowess, there are few things driving my current interest in the brand:
- Hearing that they upgraded MP4-12C cars as improvements were introduced - can you imagine Ferrari offering to do that?
- Seeing what a great car the MP4-12C is considering it is only their 3rd significantly produced road car and maybe really only their second considering the SLR was more Mercedes than McLaren.
- Getting to meet some of the truly nice, passionate, people that work for the company.
- Seeing the P1 in person and learning about its design and specifications.
- The fact that they're a British company. I have a special place in my heart for the UK and their people.
- Cheering from the sidelines toward them becoming a true alternative to Ferrari in design, passion, engineering, luxury, exclusivity and sales/financial success.