McLaren Special Operations wants to build 2-3 bespoke cars per year - McLaren Life

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 03-25-2017, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

McLaren Special Operations wants to build 2-3 bespoke cars per year

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-cars-per-year

I actually wanted Martin to post this because he's the one with current intel on these matters. He just had a hip replacement surgery a short while ago so he's going through all the therapy and healing process but definitely would have more to add about a S-HS-(Super High Sport), or HS-U, High Sport Ultra. I forget the actual designation but something similar to these.

One event that I mentioned already is closed which takes place on a former Naval base on the west coast(San Fran area) and going to take a look at the 7 mile straight and various safety issues for a Bonzai high speed Run.

I have a car arriving this weekend but waiting for two others and trying to put together with two collectors a Memorial Day McLaren Monday Mania get together. It's not going to happen if these additional cars do not arrive by the end of May. That has to do with the notation I put in my signature below. I guess MSO as reported is putting away the forms and finishing up on orders of visible cf bodies for the P1. Hopefully that will get finished by then also. I can take it or leave it but since I obtained another P1 due to an associates need for a cash infusion I figured I would re-body it to my liking.

BC

...pulling from the past to fuel the future...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer View Post
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-cars-per-year

I actually wanted Martin to post this because he's the one with current intel on these matters. He just had a hip replacement surgery a short while ago so he's going through all the therapy and healing process but definitely would have more to add about a S-HS-(Super High Sport), or HS-U, High Sport Ultra. I forget the actual designation but something similar to these.

One event that I mentioned already is closed which takes place on a former Naval base on the west coast(San Fran area) and going to take a look at the 7 mile straight and various safety issues for a Bonzai high speed Run.

I have a car arriving this weekend but waiting for two others and trying to put together with two collectors a Memorial Day McLaren Monday Mania get together. It's not going to happen if these additional cars do not arrive by the end of May. That has to do with the notation I put in my signature below. I guess MSO as reported is putting away the forms and finishing up on orders of visible cf bodies for the P1. Hopefully that will get finished by then also. I can take it or leave it but since I obtained another P1 due to an associates need for a cash infusion I figured I would re-body it to my liking.

BC

Certainly sounds an interesting project .....totally bespoke like the X1 .....but in your own style , I know at Geneva certain customers were meeting with their Assigned factory contacts for the bp23 project ..I wondered who was your BLM for your potential project .. Exciting to say the least ..

The (675) "Beast"
post #3 of 3 Old 03-27-2017, 06:35 PM

I am surprised we don't see more of these as-is. All I can guess is that the cost must be prohibitive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in